Bad Parking Brake Assembly

digdug88

New member here and sorry if this has been covered, but my parking brake assembly will not hold. I think this has been covered under recalls for many but my local Jeep dealership says that parts are no longer available to replace. Has anyone dealt with this issue? Was anyone able to get this recall done recently?

Thanks!
Carson

I found a replacement part on eBay. I think it was about $150. You have to search for it on e bay or a Jeep scrap yard.

I got mine replaced (on my 1995 YJ) under factory recall here in Twin Falls, ID this past January 2020... I thought my mechanic had done the repair but actually the local Jeep dealer (Lithia) did the work (it shows up on CARFAX when I pulled it recently).

The entire pedal assembly was replaced... apparently it was a weak spring that caused the foot brake not to hold.... I found out about the problem after purchasing my Jeep and having my mechanic look into it! I was lucky to have that recall done with what I believe to be an OEM part.

If you still are not having any luck calling Jeep dealers around, I would contact CB Collins in Wylie, TX... check out their YouTube Videos "Car Collection" and "Coffee Walk".