Alcan Spring Gap

Wakecrash

Just installed this front Alcan spring. When unloaded the spring separates. Is this normal? Also these springs are military wrap on frame side mount and as you see in pic on shackle side.

Alcan spring front gap.jpg

I'll assume the front axle is hanging free. That being said I cant help but think your gonna have shackle flip issues when fully dropped on one side and compressed on the other. This will flex the one sides springs further away arched in short shortening the eye to distance and cause the shackle on that side to flip over center and wedge up against the frame very possibly. I had endless problems with a set of Procrap springs on my 74 CJ. Hopefully some others will chime in with their experiences and thoughts.

I'll assume the front axle is hanging free. That being said I cant help but think your gonna have shackle flip issues when fully dropped on one side and compressed on the other. This will flex the one sides springs further away arched in short shortening the eye to distance and cause the shackle on that side to flip over center and wedge up against the frame very possibly. I had endless problems with a set of Procrap springs on my 74 CJ. Hopefully some others will chime in with their experiences and thoughts.
I have boomerang shackles that I understand should prevent this.