95 YJ half door lock cylinders

I have looked and looked and can’t find any lock cylinders that match what I have. Can anyone please help? Thanks.
A little vague on the query.
A model year would help us. ;)

What are you exactly trying to do?

Match as in keyed the same?

If so, just buy a new set and take to a lock smith for keying to your existing key.

Match as in half door style vs full door style?
Technically, the full door and half door use the same cylinder. Just how they attach to the linkage is a bit different.

If a later style (double sided key) I can say for sure, the only difference is the little ear/arm thingy that connects the cylinder to the linkage, iirc.
Not sure about earlier stuff.

ie: a full door set can be made to work with the half door lock cylinder ear swapped over. My Jeep came with full doors. I popped the cylinders out and swapped them into a set of half doors I bought before selling the full doors. I used whatever was different on the half door cylinder and swapped it to the full door cylinder so I could keep with the one key for my Jeep.

Pretty sure those ears were held on by one of those pesky e clips. A general hook/pick set from harbor freight can get in the opening and pop that clip off.

I'm not up on the earlier GM style that is one sided, but at worst, they probably could be made to work with some ingenuity.

You can buy most of this stuff on quadratec:

Sorry I was a little busy as of writing the original post😅

I have a 95, but all the lock cylinders I have seen online say they are for model years 87-90 or 93-94.

I am not worried about having the keys match, I’m ok with having 2 separate keys.

I have one of the double sided keys with the mopar symbol on one side, and it says Jeep on the other.
IMG_3340.jpeg

I’ll take a look on quadratec and see what I can find. Thanks for all your help!

I have looked and looked and can’t find any lock cylinders that match what I have. Can anyone please help? Thanks.
the full spec on the car is needed, they do not have 1 lock cylinder for all years and all door sizes short/full. (just did mine last month and know the ropes)
there are 4 lock cylinders on the car, IGnition key, 2doors, and rear hatch
does only one fails .? Guess yes.
are all keyed the same, now or wanting that now? (no)
Many of the clones sold now are junk, or sold for wrong door, and not even listed correctly for year/door short or tall.
the doors still OEM , not those , webbed "NO" tubing doors (skeletons)? still stock we think.
so my guess is OEM 1/2 doors still stock. ( a rarity this old)
not the rear door but front doors only. (the rear is not the same job) (check off FRONT doors)

The 1/2 door is easy, the video below proves this.

here is my post on the harder car, never posted by me before.

yes the locks are not the same. (tall /short and years) sorry this is and OEM fact of life and jeep does not make them now. fact 2.
Yes crown may have them through their franchisees.
mine are held in with door U clips. others use circle ring clips. what does yours have?, as many jeeps old are modified even with wrong parts.
my 95 has/had U clips. that are very tricky to replace (not yours)
here is how to do the U clips.
  1. door card off
  2. window rolled fully up
  3. remove main door latch or you can not get the the cylinder, (unless Olive OYL) the rods snap off using small 1/8" slot screw driver to tip them off.
  4. mine had gringo inch bolts the new lock latches were 6mm (yes new latch installed too mine was a wreck.
  5. latch is out. (my old one had broken rod metal clips, making inside lever dead)
  6. the clip goes behind the window rear rail, to slide behind it and get it on to the new cylinder. (takes 10 tries as all 10 top posts warn) (hard)
  7. once this far, the rest is obvious.
step 3 and 4 are not the same on 1/2 doors. see video below. vastly more easy. for sure door off. (wow smart guy below)

did you look at yours first. so see what is there now ( U clips or circle clips)
or see the silly plastic lock/unlock clip is busted or just fell off end of cylinder.

in my case the whole cylinder was falling off the door, (U-CLIP long lost by PO) (fail mode 1) there are many, fail modes not just 1.)
out side levers dead, or inside or inside lock lever dead.
or just key dead
or only rods fell off.
or bad cylinder or only the wrong key is used. does it turn from end to end rotated if yes the rods fell off. (end store easy fix)

The door parts on jeeps are big time fiddly parts. (and varies by year and doors there) even vin serial can matter. for door parts evolution. 88-95
the title says 1/2 door and those cylinders are different the end lever of cylinder is not the same 1/2 to full. buy with due care.

so when buying cylinders make sure the correct cylinders are picked, (there are 3 kinds at least ) sorry.
quadra track seem not to understand 2 words, full and half (or 1/2) so ....good luck there.

video(click me)

I see now the 1/2 doors are 10x more easy than my beast.(full)
the video shows U clip like mine and E clip for the end rod lever part. unique to 1/2 doors.
as always good luck fixing any car this old. very few 95 cars of any kind are not on the road now. (eyes looking on the city streets)

be proud yours does.

always look first, see what is there first. hacks are like at 99%now/

Last edited:
see these

this is wrong, see my yellow , additions for 1/2 door locks.
here is the wrong cylinder off full door the inboard L lever is super long yours is NO L and short.
full.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler YJ Forum may be compensated.
option 2, remove cylinder take it to a key shop say make me a key
easy as pie for them. no kidding.
if not rust seized that is.
if the lock works full circle turned (but fails to lock the door ) the rod fell off
if no, then get a new key fitted to the old lock not rust seized and fails to turn fully.
not told by you what all keys you have do?
my car as I got it day 1 , I found 3 hidden magnetic HIDE a KEY boxes on the car, and now have 6 keys now. all were under hood. out of easy site but there.
$10 for U clip is crazy , (me buyer)

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler YJ Forum may be compensated.