1993 4.0 No Crank No Start

rleveret

I've got a 1993 wrangler with the 4.0l and ax-15 manual. About once a month, although it seems to be getting more common, it won't start. When I turn the key, nothing happens, no lights in the dash, no sound, no clicking or anything. At this point the lights work, if I turn them on.

To fix this, I've replaced the battery, cleaned grounds, replaced ignition coil, replaced ignition switch, and replaced spark plugs(along with wires, distributor cap and rotor).

Sometimes when this happens, it'll start after 30 seconds with no action taken. Sometimes longer. One time removing and cleaning the grounds got it to start, one time jumping the starter got it to run. I will say that the starter does have power any time I've checked when I've been in this situation. Today after checking the grounds and wires and all that, I had the key in the on position, turned on the lights while holding in the clutch and break pedal, and then the dash lights came on and I could start it.

At this point I'm leaning towards this being some sort of wiring issue, but I'm certainly not an expert and I'm curious if anyone else has had the same problem. Any ideas?