Status
Not open for further replies.

SirDoopYJ

YJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
4.0L Manual
285,000 miles
Completly stock

My dad found this near his work. It has been sitting in the same spot for a long time. Inspection sticker/brake tag says 2014. He is thinking about buying it for me and him to clean up and sell it or sell it for parts. This is if the owner wants to sell, because he hasn't found who owns it yet. It is sitting near a buisness and it was closed today.

The body is in great shape. Frame is solid. Just surface rust. Interior is a mess but dash and door panels are in great shape.

Main concern is the motor. Radiator has no cap, and it was rusty on the inside.
It will also need new rims and tires.

I will be basically doing the same thing I am currently doing with mine. Restoring it and learning as I go while seeking help from you guys or my dad on the weekends. It is more likely going to need way more TLC and we will be doing an engine rebuild no mattet what.

I said no more than $1,000, but if it runs my dad is willing to do $1,300.

4.0L Manual
285,000 miles
Completly stock
We are pricing it between $1,000 - $1,3000

What would be a fair price?

IMG_0235.jpg
IMG_0243.jpg
IMG_0238.jpg
IMG_0237.jpg
IMG_0245.jpg
IMG_0247.jpg
IMG_0246.jpg

I am starting to think it may be better to buy it and scrap it out vs fixing it up. We will probably not make that much in profit for the work that it needs. Hell, I could use some of the parts on it myself lol

I am starting to think it may be better to buy it and scrap it out vs fixing it up. We will probably not make that much in profit for the work that it needs. Hell, I could use some of the parts on it myself lol
You probably would lose money on a fix up and sell project. If I were buying something like that I'd buy all the parts to get it back to decent, and then just drive the hell out of it. Although parting it out isn't a terrible idea either, if you think there are enough decent parts that are worth selling.

Is it a problem to own two YJs? Should I start seeking help? lol *scratches neck*

Some of the Jeeps that I found for sale was because the owner said, "wife told me I had too many so this one gots to go." There were 3 to 4 wranglers in at least two owner's driveway.

Reactions: Fouledplugs
Hard to say, I'd probably offer 800 or 900. Would be a fun project, may cost a bit to get reliably going though.

I'm going to have to agree with this. With the condition it's in, I wouldn't value it as anything more than parts. Granted you could restore it, but that's a huge project as you can see.

So my dad found out who owns it. It is a couple who works at the business near and the wife was working. Wife wants the husband to get rid of it all, but he is wanting to hold on to it. She is going to try talk to him again and call my dad if he decides to sell. She said from what she knows, it is toast underneath. The husband had hit something and the drive line and leaf springs are done. I am not sure what is all still salvageable underneath, but I am still going to try and buy for other parts (Complete dash trim, doors, tailgate, nuts/bolts, drive shafts I could really use some spare parts.)

Reactions: Fouledplugs
So my dad found out who owns it. It is a couple who works at the business near and the wife was working. Wife wants the husband to get rid of it all, but he is wanting to hold on to it. She is going to try talk to him again and call my dad if he decides to sell. She said from what she knows, it is toast underneath. The husband had hit something and the drive line and leaf springs are done. I am not sure what is all still salvageable underneath, but I am still going to try and buy for other parts (Complete dash trim, doors, tailgate, nuts/bolts, drive shafts I could really use some spare parts.)
Any update on this? It’s been months and I’m just curious.

Not yet, my dad still stops by to check. It is parked at a business. The owner of the business owns the Jeep. My dad was able to talk to a lady that is keeping the place open. She says the owner has been in and out of the hospital.

Since then, every time my dad checks, no one is there. Just the Jeep.

Not yet, my dad still stops by to check. It is parked at a business. The owner of the business owns the Jeep. My dad was able to talk to a lady that is keeping the place open. She says the owner has been in and out of the hospital.

Since then, every time my dad checks, no one is there. Just the Jeep.
Damn, if you really want it, I would suggest writing a letter explaining how long you’ve wanted it and what you would do with it if they were to sell it to you.

Also, showing up with the cash in hand would likely help force his hand into selling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.