What did you name your YJ and how did you decide on it?

Was "Envy" because I wanted something to go with the emerald-looking Hunter Green.

Now? She's "Rusted Nuts" because (1) she's been living in the Rust Belt since 1994 and EVERY. SINGLE. NUT. is a rusty fight. (b) I'm nuts for all the toys I've bought to remove rusted buts and bolts, and (iii) it's a little fun nickname that I rather like.

Old Dawg, because its an old dawg, and so am I.
7276-1868p-cro-contrast.jpg

• Love
Reactions: doc-ketamine
IMG_7778_LI.jpg

I call her the "Red Dawg". The reasoning behind that is one, 1. she's red and 2. when I got her in 95' my favorite beer at the time was Red Dog Beer. Still wish it was around, the beer that is. The "Red Dawg" Jeep is indeed still around.

520c6b82bfd6f7414efa6a03ed5efc8c_large.png

Carnage. My son is a huge LEGO and super hero fan. We got the Jeep right before his birthday and we were at the LEGO store picking out gifts with his birthday money. I saw the Carnage minfig keychain and asked him if it would be a good name for the Jeep. The keychain hangs from the visor now!
IMG_7803.jpeg
IMG_7833.jpeg
69643159881__4C5DEAF7-B8D7-4106-878D-BA52D3C54FDD.jpeg

I named my rig Square Lights because "purists" have denigrated the YJ era as not real Jeeps.
Square Lights.jpeg

I named my rig Square Lights. Rather than retreat to the intimidation by Jeep "purists" (the round lights only crowd). I say, "get over it." We are the original Wrangler brand and that alone deserves ultimate respect. SAVE THE SQUARES!

I agree. No one has ever said that to me but if they did, I'd just tell the purist that you can't get more original Jeep Wrangler than the first-generation Jeep Wrangler YJ. After all, your JK and all the others is based on my YJ, the original real Wrangler.

Me and the kids started calling the YJ Snoopy. My wife has a JKU so "The Jeep" was already taken when we got the YJ.

Snoopy.jpeg

Yogi! If you care to know the story read on. My kids, son ('77 CJ) and my daughter ('96 XJ) both had nick names. My son's CJ is Mouse because we found a giant mouse fly fishing lure in the glove box. I pulled it and dubbed the jeep Mouse. I believe the fly lure is still there to this day! My daughter's XJ's previous owner seemed to love mud. Every time were working on from underneath, dirt would in my eyes and face. Out of exasperation, I dubbed thee Piglet because she was a dirty little XJ! The kids must have sought revenge and dubbed our YJ, Yogi for "You Guys" jeep, and so it is.

Mad max. When started looking for YJ a few months back (we owned one back in mid 90's and my wife and I can never remember why we sold it)...I didnt want something too nice that we were afraid to drag branches across, or drive on trails. I said "I want something that looks like a decent shape classic...but also a bit of mad max". Just stuck. New to us but already enjoying wrenching, banging out dents, buying new bits,etc.

Resized_20230418_170631001.jpeg