Took the old girl camping

Jim Mance

If camping is what makes my wife love my Jeep, then the rooftop tent is a total no brainer!!
received_888290148478506~3.jpeg

Reactions: Chris and C6c6s
That looks like fun! I like the color of your YJ too.

Also, you're not far from me. I'm in Florence, AZ. Where did you take this photo? Looks like it's up north or maybe somewhere on Mount Lemmon?

Above is the link to the roof top tent. It was plenty big enough, and pretty comfortable.

Spent 2 nights up on Mt. Lemmon. Even smoked beer can chickens.

My wife grew up camping a lot with her family. With the new tent and roof rack, she doesn't bat an eye now when I talk about buying something for the Jeep! 😁

received_231443912268036~2.jpeg

Above is the link to the roof top tent. It was plenty big enough, and pretty comfortable.

My wife grew up camping a lot with her family. With the new tent and roof rack, she doesn't bat an eye now when I talk about buying something for the Jeep! 😁

View attachment 118472

Excellent!! It looks like an easy installation of the outer support around the Jeep, Bolt and play or was there any drilling needed?

We just had to drill out a bad bolt on the windshield hinge. You have to take the speakers out to be able to put the nuts on.. Also, the rack was not completely compatible with the rear bumper I had installed, so we had to trim the corners of the bumper off to make room. Luckily my buddy is skilled at working with metal, so you can't tell.
I also upgraded the bolts to stronger than the ones provided. Just for piece of mind.

We just had to drill out a bad bolt on the windshield hinge. You have to take the speakers out to be able to put the nuts on.. Also, the rack was not completely compatible with the rear bumper I had installed, so we had to trim the corners of the bumper off to make room. Luckily my buddy is skilled at working with metal, so you can't tell.
I also upgraded the bolts to stronger than the ones provided. Just for piece of mind.

Ah yes.......The dreaded Jeep Torx head bolt...Everytime I get one out, I go back with grease on the threads so I can get them out again
without drilling...Can't thank you enough for this, It solves all my "By myself" Excursions where the beast RV isn't needed....
It's gonna my Xmas present to me self!!!!

Reactions: Jim Mance
Ah yes.......The dreaded Jeep Torx head bolt...Everytime I get one out, I go back with grease on the threads so I can get them out again
without drilling...Can't thank you enough for this, It solves all my "By myself" Excursions where the beast RV isn't needed....
It's gonna my Xmas present to me self!!!!
Really glad you find the post helpful!! Good luck!! I hope you love it!

Excellent!! It looks like an easy installation of the outer support around the Jeep, Bolt and play or was there any drilling needed?

View attachment 118472
That's a lot less expensive than trailers I'd been looking at.
I'm about to be unemployed bc of O'Bidens' vax mandate, so I won't be spending much on mine for while.
Back to sleeping on the bikini...

That's a lot less expensive than trailers I'd been looking at.
I'm about to be unemployed bc of O'Bidens' vax mandate, so I won't be spending much on mine for while.
Back to sleeping on the bikini...
I am sorry to hear about your job loss. But, I salute you sir.

Reactions: jeepjoe43
I am sorry to hear about your job loss. But, I salute you sir.
I appreciate that sir, it was a tough decision.
I'll be ok for a while, prob cash the 401k too and take early retirement.
Sad thing is, it's not even the companies fault.
Technically being fed contractors, they have to bend the knee to an Idiot with an unlawful edict.
30 years down the commode:(

3 days, or nights rather to work before early retirement myself. But this has been planed for quite sometime. I have a feeling you will make out alright. Best of luck.

• USA Proud
Reactions: jeepjoe43