Thinking about a 1" body lift and motor mount lift

Stoopid Jeep

YJ Enthusiast
My 95 Wrangler has a 2½" suspension lift with 31's. The lift required a ½" transfer case drop to keep vibrations to a minimum. The T case drop bugs me, I don't know why, but it does (it really does). I was considering installing a 1" Prothane body lift and a 1" motor lift.
The idea is to remove the T-case drop and bolt the skid plate back in the stock position. Then, install a 1" motor lift to help with DL angle.

Anybody know if this will give me the desired results?

A couple other thoughts:
1) It's not usually an issue but, the tires rub a little at full flex, and the extra inch should eliminate that.
2) If the body is lifted, is it possible to tuck the gas tank? ...cuz that would be sweet.

Last edited:
I was installing a Daystar 1" body lift after work yesterday.
...I ripped the bottom out of the PS reservoir :mad:
Can't find one locally, so I ordered from Michigan off FleBay, should be here wed or thurs, I hope.
Thought this would be a good opportunity to replace my leaky steering box.
The return hose is absolutely seized and needs replaced.
Can't find one locally, looking on the interwebs with minimal results. might have to build one. still haven't given up looking.
I still haven't figured out how to replace the bumpers that go from each side of the core support to the frame, Thinking about building 1" spacers.
Realized I need to remove the alternator to install the 1" motor mount lift blocks. remove shroud, etc
I slightly wrinkled my driver side rocker panel while lifting the body ...time for some sliders, I guess.
All this because I wanted to get rid of the transfer case drop.
Hope it's together by next weekend. I'd sure love to go to The Cabin Fever run on Silver mountain.
Damn thing was running fine, I should have left it alone.

20220401_202552.jpg

Last edited:
It went pretty well, I suppose. No more major issues. The body lift is in, the mm lift is in. The driveline angles are pretty good. I also took this opportunity to swap out the leaky steering box with a reman'd unit. As soon as my new ps reservoir and hoses gets here, I can button it up and hit the trails.

20220403_163039.jpg

20220401_224123.jpg

20220403_163025.jpg

20220403_162958.jpg

20220403_162949.jpg

Last edited:
Usually a body lift is to solve other problems.

If you are running bigger tires, taller leafs, and have more added flex bc of them, a slip yoke eliminator(SYE) is all you need.

Having a SYE allows you to remove the skid spacers and flex without having fears of the rear driveshaft falling out.

A driveshaft designed and built for the SYE will be able to handle the angles just fine.
Of the angles are too much even after a SYE kit install, it’s best to turn the pinion of the rear axle to better align the rear pinion with the rear output of the transfer case.

If you are running bigger tires, taller leafs, and have more added flex bc of them, a slip yoke eliminator(SYE) is all you need.

Having a SYE allows you to remove the skid spacers and flex without having fears of the rear driveshaft falling out.

A driveshaft designed and built for the SYE will be able to handle the angles just fine.
Of the angles are too much even after a SYE kit install, it’s best to turn the pinion of the rear axle to better align the rear pinion with the rear output of the transfer case.
My tires rub quite a bit. The body lift solves this problem (I hope) and gets the rocker panels up an inch reducing the chance of major damage. I figured since I'm in there, why not install a motor mount lift too?
The motor mount lift gave it a better driveline angle, also got the oil pan tucked up another inch (that can't be a bad thing).
Now, it's set up for a future tummy tuck and SYE. In the mean time, cheap upgrade.
Also, the jeep looks better an inch taller.

Last edited:
I got a chance to run this setup the last couple days. I have driven up to 80mph, there are no vibrations. I also wheeled the snot out of the thing yesterday, no problems there. No more skid plate drop, that makes me happy.
The tires still rub a little bit, but only when I'm being extra stoopid.👍

Reactions: ytradio
My 95 Wrangler has a 2½" suspension lift with 31's. The lift required a ½" transfer case drop to keep vibrations to a minimum. The T case drop bugs me, I don't know why, but it does (it really does). I was considering installing a 1" Prothane body lift and a 1" motor lift.
The idea is to remove the T-case drop and bolt the skid plate back in the stock position. Then, install a 1" motor lift to help with DL angle.

Anybody know if this will give me the desired results?

A couple other thoughts:
1) It's not usually an issue but, the tires rub a little at full flex, and the extra inch should eliminate that.
2) If the body is lifted, is it possible to tuck the gas tank? ...cuz that would be sweet.
Mine has that exact set up. No issues with running or vibration. Had to lower the radiator and extend the steering column for the body lift and that was about it.

7D3848BA-0BD5-45AD-81F6-284CF660CE73.jpeg

Reactions: Stoopid Jeep
Mine has that exact set up. No issues with running or vibration. Had to lower the radiator and extend the steering column for the body lift and that was about it.

View attachment 119864
I did a 1" motor mount lift instead of lowering the radiator. I didn't need to do anything to the column.
Not sure what's wrong with me, but I just ordered an Advanced Adapters SYE. (An hour ago)
...deeper down the rabbit hole 🙄
Are you running a T-case drop?

Last edited:
I did a 1" motor mount lift instead of lowering the radiator. I didn't need to do anything to the column.
Not sure what's wrong with me, but I just ordered an Advanced Adapters SYE. (An hour ago)
...deeper down the rabbit hole 🙄
Are you running a T-case drop?
No, never had an issue with that.

Started collecting parts for the next phase.
20220414_130025.jpg

If I didn't have a Jeep, I don't know what I'd spend my money on.

Last edited:
I never did bother to install the taller core support bushings for the body lift. I didn't like trying to pull the body sideways enough to access the fasteners, it felt like something might break. I made these 1" spacers instead. A little hokey perhaps, but it seems to be working just fine.

20220423_094736.jpg

I found a brand new UCF extra clearance skid plate on the front porch today after work 😃
20220503_160919.jpg

I didn't want it to rust, so I gave it an acetone bath followed some primer and paint.
20220503_180032.jpg

Now the work begins.

Moving right along.
Today, I got the SYE installed and got the gear box reinstalled in the Jeep.
I'll order the 8° shims and new drive shaft tomorrow.
With the new skid plate installed it ended up having 14 1/2" of clearance at it's belly. The UCF skid plate is way smoother than the factory skid plate too.
If everything goes well, it should be back out on the trail next weekend.

20220515_154144.jpg

20220515_171400.jpg

Reactions: Flyer58
Eric @ Drive lines Inc. Had a nice surprise for me today. He cut down and rebuilt a driveshaft out of a K5 Blazer. Double Cardan, custom length, Spicer U-Joints. Sixty bucks😃

20220520_153722.jpg

**edit**
One new spicer u-joint, one old spicer u-joint and one new Neapco U-joint. Still though, Sixty bucks for a custom driveshaft 🤘 !!
The local 4WP had 8° shims in stock. Driveline angle is perfect. ZERO vibrations at any speed. Gonna try to hit a trail this weekend and put some scuffs on that Purdy new skid plate.

Last edited:
Reactions: ytradio
Well, I think this little project is about done.

UCF does sell a 1" tuck gas tank skid plate, but I'm not sure I need to spend $406 bucks for it. I haven't had issues hanging up on the factory unit as of yet.

Here's a couple shots of the finished product. Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the results.

20220521_100336.jpg
20220521_100348.jpg

...I might add the UFC engine skid plate in the future. Probably not a bad idea.

Just went through this.....Installed a SYE kit from Adams Drive Shaft this week and went with both refurbed trans and transfer case....I can't believe the difference in the ride and the elimination of both vibrations and noise....I have both a 2.5" suspension lift and 1"body lift with 31's on a '95 body, And '94 drive train powering it....These guy's are GREAT with matching you up and any tech info you might need......

Reactions: Stoopid Jeep