Where do I find replacement thermostat housing bolts?

Countersunk?? My lower bolt was just a shorter than the top one. Be sure to use a sealant on the gasket for cooling systems or the coolant may eat through it.

Yeah, countersunk. I know bolt is shorter, head is countersunk to prevent bolt head from cutting serpentine belt. Phillips drive head is stripped. It's a fun one. Oddball setup. May have to try standard hex head bolt.

That screw does not sound like the right one. Here is a picture of my housing. The Jeep part number is J8121298 but they don't list the size. It's the same for both 2.5L and 4.0L engines.
Hope this helps.

1 pre 11.jpg

You should post up a picture to show us what you're talking about. The thermostat on a YJ is never held in place with a philips drive screw and I've never seen them be countersunk either. Sounds like a PO special. Factory setup is standard bolts and no there is no issue with rubbing the belt.

Motor came from Hesco 10 years ago like this. Not phillips screw but star head. Used to change it 12 TO 15 YEARS AGO, HAS ALWAYS BEEN LIKE THIS even before Hesco motor. Jeep tells me housing was not always as is now. They changed housing long time ago and eliminated need for countersunk bolt. All I have to do is change to new housing and you guys are right, no more weird bolt. Thanks for help.

Finally remembered why I needed countersunk bolt for bottom hole in thermostat housing. Aftermarket head with roller rockers from Hesco mentioned aftermarket valve cover. Needed spacer to keep from hitting valve cover. Got bolt from tru value store. Had to cut old thermo housing off. Add spacer, countersunk bolt, no contact, works like a dream.
I have a 1993 YJ 4.0 with countersunk bottom bolt. Where do I find replacement countersunk bolts.