SYE axle shim question

Stoopid Jeep

YJ Enthusiast
Just wondering where to start. I have an OME 2.5" lift currently installed with a 1" motor mount lift and 2.5° rear axle shims. Still running the stock driveline. I am getting ready to install a UCF extra clearance skid plate that raises the transfercase 1" and an Advanced Adapters SYE. I can't measure angles until it's all together and don't want to wait for shims before I can drive it.
So the question is: what shims will get me close? Close enough to drive it.
Can I get away with the 2.5° shims for a couple weeks while the correct shims are on order?

machoheadgames

Certified YJ Researcher
Supporting Member
Motor mount lift doesn’t really change the driveline angles much. With an SYE 6° shims on OME was perfect if I remember right. With the 1.5” tuck I needed around 8°. I did a D44 swap though so now it’s all a blur. Rough country 2.5” included 6° Shims which were perfect for SYE.

The 2.5° shims are not really gonna be enough for an SYE. You can maybe do it temporarily but it won’t be ideal. I’d order up a set of 6°.

Or actually just reread and with the UCF extra clearance (Same I did), probably go with the 8’s.

OP
Stoopid Jeep

Stoopid Jeep

YJ Enthusiast
After a couple phone calls, I discovered that the local 4wd shop keeps shims and u bolts in stock. Looks like I can assemble, measure and correct the angles all the same day. That makes it easier(y)