Suspension Seats

Walt Jaquith

YJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I'm starting to price out a pair of suspension seats for my yj. This is a street/light trail rig, but my wife likes to ride with me, and doesn't like getting banged around like the leafers are known to do. I'm 6'2", so I need a tall back, but I don't mind lowering the seat base if needed. Anyone have good experience with something that might fit my needs?

Reactions: Chris
Hmmm, suspension seats. Now I need to look into this, because it seems like a potentially nice idea!

FYI This was on CARID

1993 Jeep Wrangler Suspension Seats

type: suspension seats

Cipher Auto®
CPA3002 Series Reclinable Steel Tubular Frame Suspension Seats
4# 1314261291
Universal CPA3002 Series Reclinable Steel Tubular Frame Suspension Seats by Cipher Auto®. Seat Quantity: Pair. Includes: Pair of Driver/Passenger Side Seats, Single-lock Sliders. Cover Color: Black. Cover Material: Leatherette. Mounting...
$425.00 more details on - https://www.carid.com/1993-jeep-wrangler-suspension-seats/

What is this?..
"Notes:
Racing seat brackets (sold separately) are required for installation in your specific vehicle"

I can't find the brackets on their website

Doesn't look like they have brackets for a yj. A lot of folks running other suspension seats report that they sit too tall, etc, and mods to the seat brackets are needed anyway. I figured no matter what I did I'd have to make my own.

Reactions: Flyer58