Suggestions for fender flares to keep tires from rubbing with 4" lift?

Denisekonopa

Hey I just put 33's and a 4in lift on my 87 Yj and the factory fenders rub in the back when I go off road. Can I have some recommendations on flares that would be good and have enough space between it and the tires? Thank you

Would you mind posting some photos so we can see the issue?

Fender flares themselves generally aren't the cause of rubbing. Usually it's the sheet metal that's getting in the way, in which case you may need to do some trimming or set the bump stop accordingly so that your suspension bottoms out before the tires hit the fenders.

Would you mind posting some photos so we can see the issue?

Fender flares themselves generally aren't the cause of rubbing. Usually it's the sheet metal that's getting in the way, in which case you may need to do some trimming or set the bump stop accordingly so that your suspension bottoms out before the tires hit the fenders.

15890316003147108259509298986409.jpg

I have had the same issue. You need to make sure that when your tire is about to touch the fender flare, that your shocks are not bottomed out. I like there to be about 1 inch of shock shaft showing. This is where I set my bumps. Its keeps my tires out of the flare and gives me peace of mind knowing that the shock isn't to close bottoming out.

Yes, it looks like your wheels are sticking out past the flares, which is going to cause all sorts of issues.

I would try and fix the backspacing issue as much as possible. However, if you want a more durable flare that isn't going to give you issues, the GenRight tube fenders would be a good choice:

They aren't cheap, but they're durable as hell. With them you'd open up a lot of room for the tire.

Of course all of this is a moot point unless you have your bump stops set correctly so that you hit the bump stops before the tires smash into your fenders.