Stereo stays on after key is off

Stoopid Jeep

YJ Enthusiast
My stereo stays on for about 2 seconds after the key shits off. The music just keeps playing.
It has done this the entire time I've owned the Jeep.
Kinda like the windshield wipers; I've just gotten used to it.
Somebody recently pointed it out to me, and I was (like) "yeah, I guess that is kinda weird".

Any ideas as to why it might do this?
Anybody ever see this before?

Power still stored in the circuit of the radio. It will play until it drains it off. I take it that it is an after market stereo install. If you switch the power off on the radio itself, it shouldn’t do this.

Power still stored in the circuit of the radio. It will play until it drains it off. I take it that it is an after market stereo install. If you switch the power off on the radio itself, it shouldn’t do this.
No exageration, I've owned 100 aftermarket stereos in a hundred different rigs, this is the only one that has done this.
What's different?

It's been a while so I'm not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure the various radios mine has had have all shut off immediately...

Stored energy in the capacitance of the entire circuit of the radio is bleeding down until it gets low enough that the radio won’t play anymore. If it is switched off on the radio itself it should not do this, but if the vehicle is shut off and the power is no longer flowing it can do what your describing. I believe that the main reason you see this happening lately, is because newer electronics draw less power to work than older stuff did. Even solid state older stuff drew more power. My LED TV will play a few seconds after a power failure during a storm, but go off immediately if switched off. If you take a look inside your radio, you will probably see micro surface mount components so small that they cannot be assembled in the conventional way. They can work with very low amperage draw.

Stored energy in the capacitance of the entire circuit of the radio is bleeding down until it gets low enough that the radio won’t play anymore. If it is switched off on the radio itself it should not do this, but if the vehicle is shut off and the power is no longer flowing it can do what your describing. I believe that the main reason you see this happening lately, is because newer electronics draw less power to work than older stuff did. Even solid state older stuff drew more power. My LED TV will play a few seconds after a power failure during a storm, but go off immediately if switched off. If you take a look inside your radio, you will probably see micro surface mount components so small that they cannot be assembled in the conventional way. They can work with very low amperage draw.
So, you're saying it's the radio, not the ignition or aux circuit?
I can live with that.