Standard Duty Fan Clutch

machoheadgames

Certified YJ Researcher
Supporting Member
When I eventually change the radiator again I'll go with a Mopar. Been running a Napa for 6 years no issue though. Granted only 3-4 years were actually in service.

For water pump you can still get legit mopar so I would recommend those. I believe the Hesco is just a cheap pump with a fancy impeller put on. They used to use Mopar pumps and install their impeller on them, but then the good Mopars were discontinued. Good mopars were brought back in a new part number. You might ask if Hesco is now using them or not.

machoheadgames

Certified YJ Researcher
Supporting Member
I ordered 52079880AA for the radiator cap a few years ago which is 16 psi like it's supposed to be. I haven't ran it yet though, so not 100% sure it works on the radiator. I was waiting until I got a new radiator to use it. You could always just get a napa cap though. I ran a cheap O'Reilly cap for a long time. It was fine. Mainly just need it to seal and the spring to hold proper spring rate.

Water pump is 68382489AA.

machoheadgames

Certified YJ Researcher
Supporting Member
I got that radiator part number from Crown since they usually copy Mopar part numbers. I bought the Mopar version. Amazon says it will not fit my Jeep but it looks just like my old stock cap and I believe I screwed it on a few years ago to see if it fit, and it did. still haven't ran it though but I think it will work. As long as it seals and is the proper 16 psi, not much else to consider.

OP
SirDoopYJ

SirDoopYJ

YJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Looks like the one I need is 52080183. That is what Crown shows and that it should work with either manual or automatic. At least in the picture it looks like it has the transmission cooler. When I search Mopar 52080183, what comes up is Mopar 52080183AC. None of these sites specify if it has the transmission cooler.

machoheadgames

Certified YJ Researcher
Supporting Member
Sorry, I forgot about the radiator part. Yeah you're going to have a tough time on the radiator for an automatic YJ. You're probably better off getting something from the parts store. The automatic Mopar TJ radiators are dwindling and I don't even know if the threads and stuff for the trans lines would even thread up.

Let me see what a 97 TJ came with and maybe I can get that part number.

machoheadgames

Certified YJ Researcher
Supporting Member
Looks like the one I need is 52080183. That is what Crown shows and that it should work with either manual or automatic. At least in the picture it looks like it has the transmission cooler. When I search Mopar 52080183, what comes up is Mopar 52080183AC. None of these sites specify if it has the transmission cooler.

I'm seeing that 52080183 is the manual trans version from Mopar (looking at parts manuals). The 97 came with it on 4.0 manuals and then by 1999 it was 52080183AB. The letters indicate newer versions, but since the part number is the same it works.

So you would want to try and find a 52080814AB or AC (whatever is most current).

The reason the crown number works for you is because when crown built the radiator, they numbered it off the manual version. Auto radiators work in manuals, so crown built an auto radiator, copied the mopar part number for manuals, and marketed it to all Jeeps.

And holy moly the 52080184 is expensive so maybe don't do that anyways.

The one I will get is 55037652AA which is for later manuals, but that won't work for you, or at least not until you swap.

machoheadgames

Certified YJ Researcher
Supporting Member

Here is the part from a 2002 auto which is still the 32RH. $300. Might be the way to go, unless you do the swap and do the manual one I listed above (55037652AA)

machoheadgames

Certified YJ Researcher
Supporting Member
The manual one I listed came factory on 2005-2006 manuals but is backwards compatible to all other manuals which is why I would use it. It's the most recent version and the cheapest and easiest to find.

I wish they wouldn't make a million different part numbers. Makes it really hard to figure out and cross reference what will work for you. Especially someone with a YJ who wants to figure out what good options they have when everything is discontinued.

OP
SirDoopYJ

SirDoopYJ

YJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I ordered 52079880AA for the radiator cap a few years ago which is 16 psi like it's supposed to be. I haven't ran it yet though, so not 100% sure it works on the radiator. I was waiting until I got a new radiator to use it. You could always just get a napa cap though. I ran a cheap O'Reilly cap for a long time. It was fine. Mainly just need it to seal and the spring to hold proper spring rate.

Water pump is 68382489AA.

Here it is showing 2001 to 2006 Jeeps.

machoheadgames

Certified YJ Researcher
Supporting Member