Soft top / door compatibility

Jesse

So I just got another YJ. I've always either had just full hard doors or half doors. This Jeep came with full steel doors, but also a set of lower half doors. The old hardtop sucks and I'm looking at getting a soft top. Is there any soft top that can accommodate full steel doors and half doors? They all seem to only do one or the other. I live in New England and would really like to use the full doors in the winter and half doors in the summer.

So I just got another YJ. I've always either had just full hard doors or half doors. This Jeep came with full steel doors, but also a set of lower half doors. The old hardtop sucks and I'm looking at getting a soft top. Is there any soft top that can accommodate full steel doors and half doors? They all seem to only do one or the other. I live in New England and would really like to use the full doors in the winter and half doors in the summer.
I beleieve the supertop can accommodate both. Ill look it up a little later.

This is the key to running a top that is compatible with both the factory full doors (rounded rear conrners) and the soft uppers (rounded corners) for factory half doors.

YJ’s from the factory came with full doors that had rounded corners on the rear top portion of the door. However, when the factory released half doors they built the soft uppers with squared back upper portions.

The factory soft tops are built to accommodate the squared soft top uppers.

If you have the desire to run both a full door and a half door you need a top that can accommodate a rounded corner door. Something like the supertop or any Bestop built to accept factory full YJ doors.

Here are the YJ uppers you need. Notice the upper doors lines resemble full doors.
3D0D4A8B-D228-4AAF-86E7-9556442F26B0.jpeg

Notice that the Bestop Supertop is built to accept rounded corner doors. That includes factory full doors and any half door that has the Bestop rounded corner uppers.
5B8E37DF-26FB-4418-8CD4-E3EE38796403.jpeg

Yeah thanks guys. I called bestop as well. Gonna order the Supertop and rounded upper half doors next week. Hopefully it installs easy enough.

Reactions: Fouledplugs