Where do you purchase your YJ parts from?

Sammy

What's the best/reliable/inexpensive site to purchase parts for my new 1995 YJ? thanks for input in advance - I just bought my dream car and dream project is coming ahead of me. I'm very new to this -

There is no one site to cover all the bases. Rockauto and any local parts store can get you a lot of good stuff as long as you stay within the decent brands.

for "mod" type parts, Quadratec is my favorite. Amazon has some stuff but don't get too much electrical or wear parts from there. there really is no great place to send you, you pretty much need to figure out what you want to do and then figure out where the best place is to buy each thing you want to get.

All - thanks sooooo much - I'm on the sites recommended already. Love the fact that I can find all kinds of parts for "mod" - I even know what mod stands for now. Slowly learning.

Reviving an old thread! I was going to post a new on but saw this one from last year. I found Quadratec is there any other place to go besides them? Looking to make some really simple mods like a couple of grab bars and lighting. Mostly cosmetic stuff right now. if Quadratec is it then I'm good. I was just wondering if there were any other options.

My $.02 is be wary of Crown and Omix IDA parts. Not all, but far to many are junk from China. Its getting to the point for me Ive considered giving up on any resto's or mods due the crap being sold anymore. Pay attention to reviews fro other users as well.

My $.02 is be wary of Crown and Omix IDA parts. Not all, but far to many are junk from China. Its getting to the point for me Ive considered giving up on any resto's or mods due the crap being sold anymore. Pay attention to reviews fro other users as well.
Gilaguy speaks the truth! I have had my fair share of issues with Crown.

I've read some of the reviews on both of these for a number of potential mods and from what I've found you are spot on. I'll pay a little bit more to get some quality stuff. Thanks for the $.02!

Reactions: Gilaguy23
I've read some of the reviews on both of these for a number of potential mods and from what I've found you are spot on. I'll pay a little bit more to get some quality stuff. Thanks for the $.02!
The problem with that is a lot of times they are the only option. I find myself going to get a lot of stock parts from eBay, used a lot of the times. Ironically a lot of the time those are parts I threw away years ago and am now going to back to, and kicking myself for it.

I try to avoid crown and omix as much as possible. Like said above not all of it is terrible but most is. I too will pretty much never do a real restore on anything as you just can't get all the parts anymore. It's exactly why I have no appeal to build a CJ anymore. CJs have basically nothing left but garbage parts to support them so it just isn't even worth it. Especially when people still want 25-30K to sell you a CJ that you won't be able to get parts for.

What's the best/reliable/inexpensive site to purchase parts for my new 1995 YJ? thanks for input in advance - I just bought my dream car and dream project is coming ahead of me. I'm very new to this -
I have found autozone has great prices and lifetime warranty on lots of parts, including brakes, alternator, starter and sensors. Napa is also good.

Reactions: chuckkizer
Thanks so much folks! I've started ordering some mod stuff from Quadratec and have been pretty happy so far.

I just bought a replacememt radiator from extreme terrain. It was discounted because it was an open box deal(rerurned item). I paid $80 instead of the new price of $189. Besides some minor scratches and one of the mounting brackets bent(easy fix) it was in great shape. Good deals are out there if you look.

20220503_170917.jpg