YJ won't stay running after replacing ECM

hondarider.951

my ecm burnt up replaced ecm and fuse when i turn the key starts right up as soon as I turn key to run position it shuts off any thoughts on what I should check next? thanks for the ideals

Check your grounds as well. The block, battery, and body. Replacement ECM, used or new? It sounds like the capacitor issue. Also check the ignition block on the steering column, if you had a big short, it could be bad.

Check your grounds as well. The block, battery, and body. Replacement ECM, used or new? It sounds like the capacitor issue. Also check the ignition block on the steering column, if you had a big short, it could be bad.
used ecm said to be tested and good have checked all wiring replaced ignition switch redid all ground wires all fuses are good.

Makes me think it's losing fuel pressure right after start. Barrow a free pressure test gauge at a local parts store and check the pressure when the key is turned on and then during and after start.

Remove, clean the tabs, and re-install every fuse and relay plug you can find. Corrosion is your enemy.

used ecm said to be tested and good have checked all wiring replaced ignition switch redid all ground wires all fuses are good.
I hate to suggest but, if all that tests good. Open the harness and look for the wires that are burnt or broken. It would take a dead short to blow the big fuse, could have heated something up and now powers when you turn the key that far.

Start with a test light from internal ignition to make sure when you turn the key power leaves the column switch to ecm.

Also did you adjust the column switch after installing it?
codes 33/35/36/37
Diagnostic trouble code and descriptions:

11*: No crank reference signal detected during cranking. Timing belt skipped one or more teeth; or intermittent loss of either camshaft or crankshaft position sensor

12*: Battery or computer recently disconnected within the last 50 start cycles). This is a very common code. Will not trigger a "Check engine light".

13**: No change in Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor (MAP) from start to run.

14**: MAP sensor voltage too high or too low.

15**: No speed sensor signal detected.

17*: Engine stays cold too long. Bad thermostat or temp sensor.

21**: Oxygen sensor detection neither rich or lean -or-

21**: Oxygen sensor input voltage stayed above normal operating range.

22**: Coolant temperature sensor signal above or below acceptable voltage.

23**: Intake air temperature sensor signal above or below acceptable voltage.

24**: Throttle position sensor signal above or below acceptable voltage.

25**: Automatic Idle Speed (AIS) motor driver circuit shorted.

27*: One of the Injectors output drivers does not respond properly to control signal.

33*: Air conditioning clutch relay circuit open or shorted. If your Jeep doesn't have AC you will always get this code. Will not trigger a "Check engine light".

34*: Speed control vacuum or vent solenoid circuits open or shorted. Switch is above or below acceptable voltage.

35*: (XJs only) Cooling fan relay circuit open or shorted.

37: Relationship between engine speed and vehicle speed indicates no torque converter clutch engagement. An open or shorted condition detected in the torque converter part throttle unlock solenoid control circuit. Incorrect input state detected for the Park/Neutral switch. Auto only.

41**: Alternator field control circuit open or shorted.

42*: An open or shorted condition detected in the auto shutdown relay circuit. An open condition detected in the ASD relay output circuit. An open or shorted condition detected in the fuel pump relay control circuit. An open circuit between PCM and fuel gauge sending unit. Circuit shorted to voltage between PCM and fuel gauge sending unit. No movement of fuel level sender detected.

43: Peak primary circuit current not achieved with maximum dwell time. Misfire detected in one or more cylinders 1 thru 6. (4 and 6 cyls).

44*: Open or shorted condition in the engine coolant temp sensor circuit or a problem exists in the PCMs battery temp voltage circuit.

46**: Battery voltage too high during charging.

47**: Battery voltage sense input below target charging during engine operation. Also, no significant change detected in battery voltage during active test of generator output circuit.

51**: A rich air/fuel mixture has been indicated by an abnormally rich correction factor.

52**: A rich air/fuel mixture has been indicated by an abnormally rich correction factor.

53*: PCM module internal problem.

55*: PCM has finished telling you the codes. This means you are done reading codes.

62: EMR mileage cannot be stored in EEPROM.

62: PCM failure SPI mile not stored.

63*: Controller cannot write to EEPROM.

64: Catalytic converter efficiency failure.

65: Power steering switch failure.

my buddy brought his jeep over today we took out his ecm and tried the one I have in his jeep same problem jeep won't stay running so ecm must be bad .sent it back today .ordered a rebuilt one so will add update when I receive to let everyone know the outcome.thanks for all the advice.