Quick rear driveshaft question

doc-ketamine

Supporting Member
I know I need to either drop the transfer case or install an SYE + new driveshaft (looking at Adams right now) but does this look safe to drive out of the garage so I can turn it around? Better light in the rear of the garage and I have to do the front part of the lift kit. I do t recall that much of the shaft being exposed prior to all the manipulation of the rear axle.

Will try to post a pic as soon as I figure out how to do that on mobile.

Last edited:
OP
doc-ketamine

doc-ketamine

Supporting Member
79097397-F44D-4892-B451-FF33DA294ED4.jpeg

FF6EB119-01E8-476F-A1AB-0F9CBD1B920E.jpeg

Flyer58

YJ Enthusiast
That looks a little too much for my comfort. If all you need is to turn it around I'd get a few buddies and roll it out and back in without power from the engine.
Others may disagree.

Reactions: doc-ketamine

gixxerkid3

YJ Enthusiast
I know I need to either drop the transfer case or install an SYE + new driveshaft (looking at Adams right now) but does this look safe to drive out of the garage so I can turn it around? Better light in the rear of the garage and I have to do the front part of the lift kit. I do t recall that much of the shaft being exposed prior to all the manipulation of the rear axle.

What brand and size of lift did I you do?

OP
doc-ketamine

doc-ketamine

Supporting Member
What brand and size of lift did I you do?
Why would that matter? I'm hesitant to say Rough Country X-series 4.5 as people seem to poo-poo that brand.

Regardless of the lift I know I need to replace the drive shaft and install an SYE (but like I said, I may install my T-case drop kit in the interim while I wait for the SYE and new shaft to ship.

I was able to safely drive out of the garage under power, turn around, and drive back in.

gixxerkid3

YJ Enthusiast
Why would that matter? I'm hesitant to say Rough Country X-series 4.5 as people seem to poo-poo that brand.

Regardless of the lift I know I need to replace the drive shaft and install an SYE (but like I said, I may install my T-case drop kit in the interim while I wait for the SYE and new shaft to ship.

I was able to safely drive out of the garage under power, turn around, and drive back in.
Sorry, I should have clarified and not robbed your question. I want to lift my Jeep and was looking for info.

T-Rex Jeepster

The Unoffendable
Supporting Member

I did Adams....Great everything...Especially Customer Service.....Give them a call and they'll walk you through it.......

Reactions: doc-ketamine
OP
doc-ketamine

doc-ketamine

Supporting Member
Sorry, I should have clarified and not robbed your question. I want to lift my Jeep and was looking for info.
I understand. I'm a little defensive as so many people feel RC stuff is junk. I did choose to replace all of the spring bushings with polyurtethane Daystar bushings and greaseable bolts.