WTB: Power Steering Pump Bolt Sizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nwteig

Hi all, I would like to know what size bolts I need to mount a power steering pump to my engine. I don’t need the bolts, just the sizes so I can get some from my local hardware store. I will pay $25 for this information. Thank you!

Buy a set of "Thread Checkers", They are absolutely invaluable (especailly with mixed SAE & Metric vehicles), I got mine from Dorman, but there are others.

Buy a set of "Thread Checkers", They are absolutely invaluable (especailly with mixed SAE & Metric vehicles), I got mine from Dorman, but there are others.
It’s not only that, but I’m not exactly sure where they mount, how many there are, etc.

Not sure which bolts you're talking about, the pump to the bracket, the bracket to the engine, both?
And not knowing what year your Jeep is, or what motor you have, I can only tell you what I have.
Mine is a '91, 2.5 with a serpentine belt.
There are 3 bolts that attach the bracket to the engine, 2 on the water pump and 1 to the intake.
For the pump there also 3 bolts, the pivot bolt and 2 bolts that come in from behind the pump.
Because it is a serpentine belt it also has tensioner bolt on the outside of the bracket.

Not sure which bolts you're talking about, the pump to the bracket, the bracket to the engine, both?
And not knowing what year your Jeep is, or what motor you have, I can only tell you what I have.
Mine is a '91, 2.5 with a serpentine belt.
There are 3 bolts that attach the bracket to the engine, 2 on the water pump and 1 to the intake.
For the pump there also 3 bolts, the pivot bolt and 2 bolts that come in from behind the pump.
Because it is a serpentine belt it also has tensioner bolt on the outside of the bracket.
Bracket to engine. I have the pump and bracket already attached. I just need size and length of bracket to engine bolts. Mine is a Vbelt so I have no tensioner.

Status
Not open for further replies.