One of those new guys

Jakebrake

Greetingall. Yes, it's another new guy. This one is a 50 some odd year old guy from the Philadelphia suburbs. When I was a kid, my father had a CJ. I've always harbored some sort of a love for Jeeps, even though I've never owned one before. Earlier this year we bought my wife a Wrangler Rubicon Recon. Somehow, the idea of taking a 2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon down some of these horrible trails and off-road park seems like a bad idea. So, I decided why not buy it a playmate? Friday morning I go down to pick up my 1993 YJ, with a 1987 cab, and a 1989 engine. I'm certain I'll be asking lots of ridiculous questions that will make you roll your eyes. However, I promise not to ask what kind of rears can go in one of these things. I understand it's on par with telling someone from San Antonio, that Cincinnati chili is better.

well, it survived the trip home...sort of. while strapping her to the trailer i rented (it came with waaaaay too much extra stuff to drive home) the only ignition key got lost.

here i am...2 states away from home, jeep on trailer, and, no ignition key. so, i got the switch replaced, and, have it about 1/4 reassembled. just waiting for daylight to finish it up

still have to have the trailer back by 10 am.

Reactions: Chris
Somehow, the idea of taking a 2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon down some of these horrible trails and off-road park seems like a bad idea.

You took the words right out of my mouth man, seriously.

As much as I like the new ones, I can't justify spending 50k for a vehicle when I can have just as much fun in an old YJ or TJ (or even XJ for that matter). Unless you're just loaded with money, you're not going to feel nearly as bad if you damage a $7000 vehicle versus a $50,000 vehicle, that's for sure.

I mean some people just have tons and tons of money, so to them it isn't an issue, but that's definitely not me.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

Reactions: Jakebrake