SQUATCH79

Looking forward to learning more about YJ's. Acquired my 94 from my father-in-law after he lost interest in it a few years ago. Added a lift to freshen up the ride as the OEM leaf springs & shocks were shot. Picked up a set of 31X10.5X15 American Racing Outlaw II's that a dude was selling on Facebook with practically new tires mounted on them for little to nothing. I'd say it's in pretty good shape for it's age. Has 125K on the clock. Haven't had to do much to it other than regular maintenance (Knock on wood). Having an overheating issue right now I'm trying to figure out. I figure my thermostat is stuck since I get no heat. So plan on swapping it out soon and my alternator is on it's way out per the OBD scan. So that will be the next free weekends tasks

Jeep 1.jpg Jeep 2.jpg Jeep 3.jpg

Looking forward to learning more about YJ's. Acquired my 94 from my father-in-law after he lost interest in it a few years ago. Added a lift to freshen up the ride as the OEM leaf springs & shocks were shot. Picked up a set of 31X10.5X15 American Racing Outlaw II's that a dude was selling on Facebook with practically new tires mounted on them for little to nothing. I'd say it's in pretty good shape for it's age. Has 125K on the clock. Haven't had to do much to it other than regular maintenance (Knock on wood). Having an overheating issue right now I'm trying to figure out. I figure my thermostat is stuck since I get no heat. So plan on swapping it out soon and my alternator is on it's way out per the OBD scan. So that will be the next free weekends tasks

View attachment 117569 View attachment 117570 View attachment 117571
As for your over heating issue, I would replace the gauge sensor first and see if it persists (it has 2 sensors, it's the one on the back of the head that's for the gauge, the one on the waterneck is just for the ECM).
I thought mine was over heating and it turned out to be the gauge sensor, it's about a $15 part.
I doubt the stuck t-stat for the heater problem because the heater bypasses it (though it could be the overheating problem).
It would be my guess you have a broken control cable to the blend door on the heater box if you have no heat.

Reactions: SQUATCH79