New coil and now wont stay running

DeltYJ

So o put a new coil in my 88 yj 4.2l and now it won't stay running . Should I pull the carb . It was running fine then died wall idling for a few minutes. Now fires and sounds great still but just dies

received_1047023999362360.jpeg

Well I hate to state the obvious but if you put on a coil and it starts not working properly, I would go back to the coil you took off. Why did you change the coil?

Reactions: DeltYJ
Well I hate to state the obvious but if you put on a coil and it starts not working properly, I would go back to the coil you took off. Why did you change the coil?
I did test the old coil with an inline spark test light . I have spark I have air . Also have fule when I pulled the fule line and cranked the motor I had good gas pressure 2. 5foot squirt. So should I pull the carb . It starts with a bunch of carb spray yet shuts right down. Also all the BS has been cut out all electronic emissions only wires are the ones needed to run but it ran great idk what to do next first jeep never had a problem

I did test the old coil with an inline spark test light . I have spark I have air . Also have fule when I pulled the fule line and cranked the motor I had good gas pressure 2. 5foot squirt. So should I pull the carb . It starts with a bunch of carb spray yet shuts right down. Also all the BS has been cut out all electronic emissions only wires are the ones needed to run but it ran great idk what to do next first jeep never had a problem
Also I changed the coil due to no spark leaving the top yet I had power at the lines to coil new coil and shit of spray it ran