Neutral Safety Switch

Good afternoon. I'm fairly new and in the process or rewiring my original harnesses on my 87 YJ. I'm using a painless 25 circuit wiring harness on a 2.46L, 4cyl, TBI, 5 speed manual tranny. I'm not too sure about the NSS. The painless harness has two wires labeled ignition switch starter solenoid(start)(nss) and the other labeled (nss)starter solenoid (start). Looking at my trans, I can see two electrical connections. I'm thinking one is the reverse switch. The other I'm thinking is the reverse lights. My question is if anyone here has worked with the painless setup before and any suggestions. I'm assuming the NSS wires should both go to the starter solenoid on the firewall since they are both 12 gauge. But I would like some advice as I don't want to cause this beauty to go up like a cabin in a California wildfire lol.

20220426_112952.jpg

20220425_213745.jpg

2.5L engine right and manual trans.
why not post a link to the aftermarket harness. and we then read the schematic to you as any tech, sure can do.
NSS really is A/t tranny name, and is called that. or called PN. or called PRNDL.
on stick shifts it is not the same, as there is no A/t box there at all.
the car came new with no such thing the top of clutch pedal , starter lock out switch is was missing day one new
my 95 m'/ has no clutch switch at all ,it will crank in gear.
the 89 manual shows the same dead the starter relay coil pin c3 is ground to the engine, pae 14
below shows that the igniton switch drives the coil of relay (code33) directly from starter pin on key switch
there is no NSS.period

89a.JPG

st.jpg
c1 is HOT all time time BAT+ it is.
how your harness works is anyones guess. lacking switch , there is no NSS on the clutch and for sure not on the tranny

my guess that funny harness is for wide range of cars and jeeps, so is Generic.
and that 1 wire does not apply here.
p/n
on all (most) M/T cars is the clutch switch up top of pedal, clutch
P/N means automatic trans.
mine has no clutch switch at all, per my posted schematic
best is post a schematic of the new harness or link to the makes web site and install docs.
then we can talk turkey .