Need advice on peaugot ba10

KStutz

Bought an 88 Wrangler Sahara with a 4.2 and 5 spd last summer to plow my driveway. Worked great for that.
1st time on the highway and have a very loud rattle in every gear except 4th. I'm on permanent disability and need the most cost effective route. My wife and I can't afford the $1200 for a rebuilt on the internet.

The shipping will probably be crazy, but I have a BA10 sitting out in the yard. I don't have much information about it. I just recently bought it with a parts Jeep and don't need it nor can I use it. It has about 160,000 miles on it. It came off an '88 4.2L as well

If you want it, it is yours. You just have to cover the shipping.

I'm definitely grateful for your offer to help. Anyone have a clue how to figure out what shipping a transmission from Louisiana to New Jersey would cost?

Let me remove the transfercase on it. That should reduce some weight. Idk if USPS will do it. Ill try and get an esitmate somehow.

Do you need the bellhousing and stick? I can take that off too to help lower the weight.

Ill send you some pics soon

So far I learned an LTL estimated about $500. This was estimating the transmission at 100lbs and using a 3ft x 3ft pallet.
On reddit/wrangler, someone said they used Fastenal, the fasteners company, to deliver a front differential housing. It was $75. I'll check my local store and see if that is still available.

Ouch, try fedX freight as well. I think they will handle larger/heavier packages then UPS. T case weighs 75lbs or so, Do you know the trans weigh yet?? Im curious.

I've heard good things about Fastenal, and maybe it was just my situation at the time but I could never figure out Fastenal to make it work for me. I was trying to ship a t-case skid plate from Dallas to someone in Maine and when I went to the fastenal location, they told me to do it online, did it online and never heard back. This was back in summer 2020 so the rona may have been affecting things. I dunno but It sure would be nice to figure out a way to ship large things without having to sell an organ.

I've heard good things about Fastenal, and maybe it was just my situation at the time but I could never figure out Fastenal to make it work for me. I was trying to ship a t-case skid plate from Dallas to someone in Maine and when I went to the fastenal location, they told me to do it online, did it online and never heard back. This was back in summer 2020 so the rona may have been affecting things. I dunno but It sure would be nice to figure out a way to ship large things without having to sell an organ.
Well. I thank you again for mostly delivering my axle!
Was worth a couple hours of driving and I certainly appreciate your time and effort.
But you're right, there has to be a better way to ship large items without having to sell an organ.
Years ago I bought some 10' 80/20 material and it came truck freight@ $130, which was more than I paid for the material!
I was pissed...

Reactions: machoheadgames
@KStutz

20210818_211350.jpg

20210824_181440.jpg

20210824_181445.jpg

20210824_181451.jpg

20210824_181458.jpg

20210824_181502.jpg

20210824_181506.jpg

@KStutz

I bought the parts Jeep from my neighbor. His son owned the Jeep and took the whole thing apart to the very last bolt. He was going to build it back up and put a V8 motor in it, but lost interest and found a new love for biking 🤷‍♂️. That is the only reason I know as to why the engine and BA10 were pulled out in the first place. When I grabbed it, it was sitting out in their yard too. It has probably been years.

Do you want me to leave on the stick, TC stick, and bellhousing? I can remove it to lower the weight, but if you need that as well I can leave it on.

Well. I thank you again for mostly delivering my axle!
Was worth a couple hours of driving and I certainly appreciate your time and effort.
But you're right, there has to be a better way to ship large items without having to sell an organ.
Years ago I bought some 10' 80/20 material and it came truck freight@ $130, which was more than I paid for the material!
I was pissed...
Lol, if you can't ship it, just drive it there yourself! Guess I'm going to maine now....

I was going to sell it to that guy for $100 and he really needed it, but eventually I ended up putting it by the curb as we both got tired of trying to figure out the fastenal thing and it wasn't worth it, for sale or for free

As for your axle, that just happened to turn out perfectly! rare that any situation like that works out like it did...

• Haha
Reactions: jeepjoe43
Lol, if you can't ship it, just drive it there yourself! Guess I'm going to maine now....

I was going to sell it to that guy for $100 and he really needed it, but eventually I ended up putting it by the curb as we both got tired of trying to figure out the fastenal thing and it wasn't worth it, for sale or for free

As for your axle, that just happened to turn out perfectly! rare that any situation like that works out like it did...
Indeed it was.
That could not have been more fortuitous, at least for me.
And I got to meet a prominent member!
Thx again, brother!

• USA Proud
Reactions: machoheadgames
@machoheadgames

Is it Blue Lane Freight under services?
Yeah pretty sure it was. What the store people told me is that you enter in all the deets online and then someone will work up a quote and send it to you. The guy I was trying to sell to handled that part and I never got anything. He showed me proof that he submitted it and all so who knows. It wasn’t a big sale for me and the other guy found another skid plate so we eventually stopped pursuing that route, hence me kicking it to the curb later.

Boom! Wasn't that bad getting everything off. Took me about an hour. I was limited to standard wrenches and rachets though.

I kept the stick on because I have no idea how to remove it and didnt want to break it. There is some gunk near the bottom. I hope water didnt leak in it.

20211005_190328.jpg

Transmission is roughly 80lbs.

TC is an awkard heavy mother..

20211005_190309.jpg

20211005_190313.jpg

20211005_190317.jpg

20211005_190339.jpg

20211005_190349.jpg

20211005_190606.jpg

20211005_190615.jpg

20211005_190621.jpg

20211005_190628.jpg

20211005_190934.jpg

Let me remove the transfercase on it. That should reduce some weight. Idk if USPS will do it. Ill try and get an esitmate somehow.

Do you need the bellhousing and stick? I can take that off too to help lower the weight.

Ill send you some pics soon
I have to thank you so much for your generosity. However my brother in law gave me the money for a remanufactured one as a birthday present. Thanks so much for everyone who responded 👍👍😎

Reactions: SirDoopYJ
I hope your efforts to take it all apart weren't in vain and that you had planned to do it later anyway. Thanks again for helping