MotoBilt Just Released a YJ Flat Skid

Fouledplugs

YJ Addict
Supporting Member
1/4 inch Steel...maybe they will release an aluminum version some day. Made in house at Motobilt, right here in the USA

Completely flat and no trans mount, so one would have to be fabbed. The Genright universal trans mount kit comes to mind.

Love seeing folks supporting and building new parts for our YJ’s.
EEE6ED97-5A93-4323-99B0-DEB13333360B.jpeg

Looks good! On my stock YJ with a 2.5L they put the catalytic conv. above the skid and it's a tight fit. That may need adjusting too.

Really cool! I like seeing new parts being built for older Jeeps as well. So much of the focus (and market) was lost with the JKs and JLs.

Is tucking a YJ the same amount of work as a TJ?

Really cool! I like seeing new parts being built for older Jeeps as well. So much of the focus (and market) was lost with the JKs and JLs.

Is tucking a YJ the same amount of work as a TJ?
Near or about the same, yes. Its a project for sure, but I know you would agree, the beniefts are worth it.

Reactions: Chris
Looks good! On my stock YJ with a 2.5L they put the catalytic conv. above the skid and it's a tight fit. That may need adjusting too.
I would cut it out, Flowmaster makes some really short high flow cats that can used in more places other than under the skid. You could run two to combat the noise (more noticeable exhaust note) that a single high flow might cause.