Looking for opinions - YJ project keep/fix or sell?

buzzard86

Hey gang -

First post here, looking for insight and opinions on my YJ project. Full disclaimer, I am also a CJ7 guy. I like ALL Jeeps. :)

So, my dilemma. I have a 1995 bone-stock base model YJ. 70k original miles, one owner, 4 cylinder auto. Runs/drives and the interior's in good shape, but it took a medium-speed t-bone hit at the passenger footwell. I'd initially planned to try to just pull it out and have fun with it while I tinker with my CJ, but not surprisingly found that the damage had telegraphed beyond the point of impact so I picked up a decent replacement tub (generally solid but needs floorboards and some rocker work). The frame is surface scaly but I can't find any soft spots and the hangars look solid - it hasn't been on a frame rack but the only obvious damage is a bent body mount at the point of impact.

This is where it sits. I also have a '83 CJ7 Limited next to it in the garage that I plan to fully restore and I'm starting a new career that will have me travelling roughly 2/3 of every month so I honestly have no idea when I'll get to either project at this point.

I'm far more knowledgeable about CJs - can you tell me your thoughts on the YJ world? Mainly, if I sell the project, think I'll regret it or are damaged 2.5L/auto YJs a dime a dozen? My gut tells me to sell the whole YJ package and direct the funds into starting work on the CJ. However, I've sold a few other Jeeps that I ultimately regret so hoping this won't be one of them.

I'd welcome any thoughts here.

Thanks guys! Appreciate the advice... pretty much what I expected. There's a bit of a niche in the CJ world for completely original examples, just wanted to make sure that I wasn't walking away from something I'd regret later.

So, know anybody that needs a good YJ project and a tub?? :) Seriously though, is my best way to sell it to join and post here? Any other good YJ venues to list an ad? My experience lately selling other stuff on Marketplace has been awful so I'll probably avoid listing there.

I'd probably post it here and the TJ equivalent of this forum. I'd also put it on Marketplace but I haven't had terrible experiences there. So probably makes sense for you to skip that one.

Where in the Philly burbs are you? I'm from the area and still get down there quite a bit to visit my parents and best buddy who is a mechanic in Havertown.

I'd probably post it here and the TJ equivalent of this forum. I'd also put it on Marketplace but I haven't had terrible experiences there. So probably makes sense for you to skip that one.
That's the plan. I hate to give up on it but I just don't see that I'll have any time in the forseeable future. Will try the Jeep groups first and then marketplace if necessary. Last couple of things I tried to sell on MP generated a ton of messages from people (bots?) who had no interest in what I was selling. Took forever to sift through the crap to find the genuine buyers.