Looking for help finding correct rear tire mount

oregonmx

Hey there. Total new guy here but I'm hoping to get some help. Bought my son a 91 YJ that came with a spare tire but no tire mount. Clearly the rear bumper is set up to accept a tire mount but I cannot figure out what brand the bumper is so I can buy the correct one.

I went to my local FourWheelParts store and they had me order a Smittybilt mount, which I guess only works with a Smittybilt bumper.

Anyone have any idea what brand this might be? Thank you!

I’m no pro, but it appears that you have a number of bolts on the rear door that seem to be mounts for a spare tire. Check out “deadJeep.com” and see what they might have. I saw a mount in there for a ‘91 YJ. $49.00. If you want one specifically for the bumper mount, then I am not sure .

Thank you. Nothing I could find on that site but I'll take any resources. I'm just not sure where to even look

What flyer listed is how the factory would have done it. You need the bumpers on the door also. The downside to that is if using aftermarket rims, the tire will not reach the bumpers which means they need to be extended out. If they are not extended out to snug the tire up, the tailgate will rattle itself to death until it either destroys the tailgate, hinges, or
the tub.

I don’t know how to help find the aftermarket counterpart for your bumper, that would hold the tire but most aftermarket swing out carriers are poor quality and don’t swing very well.

Reactions: Flyer58