Looking for fender and slider advice

skyzero

Hey guys,

I'm looking into getting fenders and sliders for the YJ. Right now it's on a 2.5" OME lift on 33" tires (35" might be in the cards but not till for awhile).

I've done so much reading on the subject my eyes are going to fall out of my head. I've went around the horn on metal cloak, poison spyder, genright, and now MCE's. I want to keep it relatively light weight. There is also the worry of tweaking the tub from hitting something with a set of stout metal fenders.

MCE's fenders with a steel slider might be the best of both. Flexible MCE fenders to "protect" tweaking the tub and steel sliders to protect the rockers. Any thoughts on this set-up? If you have a suggestion on steel sliders, I'm open to them. The front-runners now are Warn or Genright (not decided between mini boat-side and standard).

My other choice would be front/rear genright aluminum fenders with their steel sliders. This was my front-runner until I read about people hitting their metal flares and pictures of tweaked sheetmetal showed up.

Thanks for any input!

GenRight and MCE are both fine choices. I personally like the GenRight aluminum fenders myself, but I know many who have the MCE ones and like them as well.

As far as sliders go, I'd also go with GenRight ones.

Reactions: skyzero
I appreciate the advice, I'm starting to lean more towards the genright set-up as well. People seem to really happy with them for fenders. Are there any cons to going with the their mini-boat siders (besides bending the seam for installation)?

I don't think you can go wrong with anything from GenRight. I've had a lot of their stuff, and it's all top notch quality and amazing welds.

I personally don't see any cons in going with the mini-boat sliders, other than what you already mentioned.

Reactions: skyzero
Just ordered the 4" flares all around with the mini-boat sliders, looking forward to installing them! :D They are only an hour away so hopefully I can pick them up tomorrow.

I forgot to order the welting though, is that recommended for all around, just the sliders, etc. ?

Hi all, have a 1993 with SOA lift and have a set of tube fenders to install and looking for guidance on where/how the coolant overflow and washer fluid reservoirs were relocated to? My tubes do not have a inner fender well and really do not want to mount to new tubes...

Eat was cheap and look good but wouldn't recomend
15983293012078080748059522876257.jpg
1598329382618849294229049451885.jpg