Leaf spring question

Mattyk

Good afternoon everyone. I purchased a yj and the leaf packs separated. Shearing the pin. I replaced the pin tightened everything and ran it a bit before it did the same thing. There is a lot of rust between the leafs. I figured I would just replace the leaf packs with new. With this said im not sure what springs are in it. There is a three inch body lift and a suspension lift. I don't know how to go about replacing these leaf springs. There is a lot of options for leafs so I just want to keep the same. Any tips, and advise would be appreciated. Please don't treat me like an idiot either please. I'm just not sure on this side of things.

Well....you didnt include any side shots, nor did you mention what tire size you are running. Those two things would help us out a lot in getting you some opinions.

With that being said, can you post some side shots of the Jeep?

What sized tires are on it?

Do any of the leaf packs have any stickers on the bottom spring or the top spring? I bet there is one that has it somewhere.

Something like a manufacture sticker is what we would need in order to provide any help...

There is no stickers. If it were that easy I wouldn't be asking. Haha. Tire that were on it 35 12.5 15. Now just 33s. Ill post a picture when it's daylight.

Reactions: Chris
There is no stickers. If it were that easy I wouldn't be asking. Haha. Tire that were on it 35 12.5 15. Now just 33s. Ill post a picture when it's daylight.
SUA?

We really need a couple of good photos.

To run 33’s on a YJ, the standard is 4 inches of lift.

You mentioned that it had 35’s on it with an unknown spring lift and a 3 inch body lift. If that was true and built correctly, then I would “guess,” it has 2.5 inch or 3 inch spring on it, if it is still SUA.

That being said, having both your front or both your rear springs from the same manufacture is best, different manufactures run different spring rates.

Just as an example, you you replace your front right spring with a Rubicon Express spring, it would be standard to also replace the front left spring with that same Rubicon Express spring. Having the matching springs be at the same spring rate is standard practice. Front to rear they can vary. Example: You could run a spring rate of 140 on the two fronts and 200 in the two rear springs.

Last edited: