Is that a factory lift, or after market?

Loach505

Got a 1990 Jeep YJ with a 4.2 AMC 258. I've heard that this lift is not factory, that the previous owners installed it. I don't know enough about how stock YJ's looked to know one way or another. Anyone know for sure?

IMG_20230331_125049628.jpg

A side shot would be better, but it looks like the basic OEM springs and shackles. Ive never heard of a factory lift kit. There were some differing springs used on some vehicles, but Id say any are far from a lift kit. Time for some tires eh??

A side shot would be better, but it looks like the basic OEM springs and shackles. Ive never heard of a factory lift kit. There were some differing springs used on some vehicles, but Id say any are far from a lift kit. Time for some tires eh??
Oh yeah, totally time for tires. This is my project vehicle. Only thing the previous owners ever did that was good to this Jeep was they gave it 15" polished aluminium Center Line wheels

As said, the shackles are for sure stock, we can't see if the springs are stock. Stock springs, in stock form installed on the Jeep, are basically perfectly flat. If yours are flat, then they are stock.

There was no factory lift. There were a few different spring part numbers depending on options and trim levels, but they all sat at the same ride height minus differences in tires.

Reactions: Loach505