I tried to hook up with a local Jeep club

Stoopid Jeep

YJ Enthusiast
Monthly meeting at a random parking lot to compare light bars and exchange ducks. Not my scene, I bought a Jeep to drive it up skidder trails and down into rut holes.
Not even sure what I'm ranting about, just annoyed that nobody seems to want to play in the dirt and mud. I'm ready for spring. I'm gonna find a way back place to hang a hammoc and drink a beer.
...not a coffee shop for 50 miles.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, you've always got the guys who just drive them to local car meets. I'd much rather be off-roading myself.

There's a bunch of kids here with the 4 door KJ's who meet at the local grocery store on Friday nights and show off their big fancy low profile wheels with LED light tubes underneath and round LED rings which shine through the wheels.

Looks like this

1.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: machoheadgames
I always wanted to be in touch with the local Jeep scene. Seemed cool. Then I actually went to a meetup and realized that I no longer want to be in touch with the Jeep scene. the only Jeep people I'm interested in are the ones to want to lend a hand working on stuff or maybe go hit up some local scenery. Not sitting in the walmart parking lot showing off colored light bars or color changing headlights and angry grilles.

I don't necessarily hate a Jeep with 4 doors but it certainly opened the doors (pun intended) to a whole new type of buyers when they rolled the JK out.

Reactions: joshcom3000
I’ve ridden with a couple of unofficial Jeep groups. They always seem to have some guy who thinks he knows it all and is the “Trail Boss” but is just a control freak. For most it’s just a reason to drink Coors Light. Also I’ve had some who wanted to inspect my Jeep and contents to see if I was worthy of running with them. The last group I road with ran 6 Jeeps up the side of the road to take a cool picture with the Jeeps in a near vertical position. They were unconcerned with the ruts that they left and confused with my lack of desire to join them. That’s the kind of stuff that gets trails closed. Of course this is in SoCal which is prime country for Assholes. I’m lucky that I have a small group that I go out with who are considerate with the environment and not pricks.