I’ll never put a cold air intake or large body throttle on my YJ again

Baustchs73

Omg, what a waste of time and money. Not only did it light my check engine light, but it ran like one of the four squirrels died. Lol this is my experience, with these two items. I’m happy with the temp sensor relocation and the changing the gears on both differentials.

Well keep your eyes open on eBay. I’ll be selling these items for very very cheap. But nothing ventured nothing gain right. I think if I do another mod next year, it will be to change out the engine. I have so many projects next year besides the Jeep, boat, travel, mountain climbing and desert run with friends in North Africa.

Reactions: Thom Hurd
Omg, what a waste of time and money. Not only did it light my check engine light, but it ran like one of the four squirrels died. Lol this is my experience, with these two items. I’m happy with the temp sensor relocation and the changing the gears on both differentials.

Well keep your eyes open on eBay. I’ll be selling these items for very very cheap. But nothing ventured nothing gain right. I think if I do another mod next year, it will be to change out the engine. I have so many projects next year besides the Jeep, boat, travel, mountain climbing and desert run with friends in North Africa.
The cold air intakes and other throttle body mods are usually a waste of time and money. The 2.5/4.0 just doesnt seem to respond to these types of mods unless you are modifying the crank and the heads.

Reactions: Greg

Yabbut....did you use a real K&N one. The kind that" works better the dirtier it gets". Hint,hint. after the dirt and oil pulgged up the gaping holes in their rock screen...er...I mean gauze filter material. Couldent resist that one. ;)
Yeppers, take a outside the grill or rad support intake and add a underhood next to the engine intake and call it a "cold" air intake. Plese Esplain Lucy o_O

Reactions: jeepjoe43
Yeah I could never understand that and finally had to ask people "in the know". They explained it to me... "that's stupid people cold air intake, meaning not really a cold air intake, just something dumb companies make and dumb... er.. unknowing people buy. "

What still didn't make sense to me was how sucking "cold air" from the wheel well was better than sucking cold air from the front of the grill (where it's sort of being forced into the engine when you're driving. (1/2 a pound of boost! ;) )