Front axle won't disconnect

Thills

Hello. I have been looking all morning for other threads on this and couldn't find anything helpful
I just completely went over the whole vaccum disconnect system, new actuator, new t case switch and eliminated all vaccum leaks. Right on, finally got the 4wd to work
Now for some reason I can't get the front axle to unlock ? The vaccum isnt switching sides at the tcase switch I believe, because the 4wd side of the actuator has very strong vaccum wether I've got the tcase in 2wd or 4wd
Is it possible I got a defective new tcase switch ? It worked to put it into 4wd tho..

ytradio

I personally would look into a cable kit to do away with the vac. Disc. Others I am sure will disagree, but in my opinion There are too many things with the vacuum system to go wrong. Especially when dealing with a 30 year old vehicle.

Flyer58

YJ Enthusiast
My vacuum switch was all gummed up and I was able to clean it out but it never was right. They're pretty cheap and available on line, AutoZone might even carry them.

Sogent#01

Vac typically go bad or break when off road. On back of front axle passenger side is a small panel. Take it off and manually move the 4x4 shifter arm to disengage 4x4. Then as recommended above install manual cable system.