Flex plate issue

Turtleman8

I need help. I have a 1990 wrangler YJ , 4.2L inline 6, automatic and after checking transmission leaks it was determined that my flex plate is cracked. The mechanic says it is a ATP z-187 which is no longer manufactured. I have brought in the replacement offered by ATP and this didn't work. I brought in another one from Collin Brothers Jeep that they said would work and again it wasn't the correct part. I need help as to what i can do to get the correct part or options. Thanks

I need help. I have a 1990 wrangler YJ , 4.2L inline 6, automatic and after checking transmission leaks it was determined that my flex plate is cracked. The mechanic says it is a ATP z-187 which is no longer manufactured. I have brought in the replacement offered by ATP and this didn't work. I brought in another one from Collin Brothers Jeep that they said would work and again it wasn't the correct part. I need help as to what i can do to get the correct part or options. Thanks
I feel your pain. I have a 89 wrangler with a 4.2l mated up to an A999 transmission and my flexplate has already been to a machine shop to have torque converter holes filled and redrilled. I need a new flexplate but none exists not new, not in Jeep junk yards. Buy a Jeep they told me parts are everywhere....... brand new bored and stroked engine with less than 5k and I can’t get this thing on the road as a flex plate is not to be found. I’m going to have a machine shop make me one for 10k