FINALLY !

Shaker

Well, a year and a half later and a lot of changes and hair loss she is finally on the road. Pic is of her getting her first full tank in over 15 years.
jeep on the road.jpg
:cool:

Not so much pieces but down grades and repairs. Replaced the OEM carb and distributor. Removed ECM. New fuel lines brake lines water pump alt hoses belts valve cover and oil pan gaskets. Swapped gear oils, new clutch (Dorman is not a good option leaked pressure on pedal return and had to be replaced new) Plugs wires led lighting, fog lights bedliner in floorboard. New exhaust and u joints new visors and seats. All new marking and driving lights and many other changes. Note to self !!! manifold leaks will drive you kuhnuts when it comes to tuning and timing. I resurfaced the int and exh manifold myself on a table sander and now it lives well. Don't rely on double thick gaskets. This is what i found. Washer pads on exhaust were higher than intake pads therefore not allowing the manifolds to be drawn down evenly. THEY NOT ONLY HAVE TO BE RESURFACED BUT THIS IS THE KEY TO PROPER DRAW DOWN ON STUDS !!! Ground them down evenly with a ball carbide. Much was learned over the last 18 months but we are on the enjoyable side now. I truly believe this was the entire reason from 15 years ago they blamed the carb and eventually gave the jeep to me. I hope this helps someone else. tires look new but are dry rotted. its a shame they have like new tread so those are the next upgrade then a top.

man 1.jpg

man 2.jpg

man 3.jpg

man 4.jpg

man 5.jpg

man gasket 1.jpg

man gasket 2.jpg

Reactions: ytradio