Erik from Cali

erikmuntz

Hello all

How I got my Jeep YJ is one of brash decisions, money burning a hole in my pocket, and a friend egging me on. Long story short, I set a budget last January for a vehicle I could off road with, work on, and make mine. I stumbled upon a $6500 neglected, beautiful IL6 4.2L that, when test driven, I knew was the one. Below are two pictures, how I got it and where she is now. The only thing I've had a shop do is rebuild the Dana 35 after it pretty much exploded because of a vapor lock caused by a bad axle seal and high temperatures. I did try and rebuild it myself but learned the hard way that gears are not something that should be done in the garage.

image7.jpeg

image0.jpeg

I'm going to open a build thread and explain all of the modifications I have done/am doing. I'm kinda using this forum as a "diary" as well to help me keep track of it all while sharing.

California and the greater southwest have the greatest off roading; change my mind.
Erik

Reactions: Chris
Great looking YJ and welcome to the forum!

A build thread would be great, I'd love to follow it.

You're 100% right, California and the south west have the best off-roading, I think most will agree. The only exception is Colorado I think (y)

I live in Arizona though and the wheeling here is amazing! Hell, you can drive a SxS, UTV, or ATV legally on the street in Arizona!