What can I do to help the angles of my driveshafts?

Jesse

What can I do to help the angles of my driveshafts? I have 4.5" springs and 2" shackles. There's only a little vibration at 55-65, but it's also time for new tires. So that may be contributing. Both driveshafts are at severe angles though. You can start to see the splines on both of them. The guy I bought it from said he already did an SYE and added a new Tom Woods drive shaft in the back. It looks like there was already a small transfer case lowering kit added. Can I just put on a bigger transfer case lowering kit? Can post some pics if that helps.

Look into a High pinion or reverse pinion differential as an option. You may have them already. I don't know much else about them but they do level out the driveshaft somewhat.

You can also do a MML (motor mount lift) as it will slightly reduce the angles of the driveshaft as well.

If you want to go crazy, you can stretch the rear too ;)

You could easily add leaf spring shims to change the angle of your pinion yoke to match closer to your transfer case output yoke.

Another option is a super short SYE, similar to those that are built by JB Conversions.

This should really help you as you mentioned longer shackles.
7B2C6FA3-08EA-44D2-8095-25F8A1D5E408.jpeg