Does anyone know what this is?

Mitcht33

I was changing the oil in my 1990 wrangler 6 cyl when I noticed these two hanging Can anyone tell me what they are? Do they go together?
6231CF0D-E293-4F64-90CE-68618545F024.jpeg
926D5D8C-379F-41A2-B0B2-80CA025C3549.jpeg

On my 92 2.4L YJ the half-moon plug looks very similar maybe slightly different. That plug should go into a connector on the front right axle vacuum diaphragm next to the other connector you circled. It will turn on the light when the 4WD vacuum assembly has engaged the 4WD. The other connector circled has three vacuum lines, only two are used. one for engaging, one for disengaging, one is just an open vent.

Without digging into it further there's no telling what a previous owner may have done for a conversion so both circled items may or may not have any function. For the system to work as originally designed there's also a switch on the transfer case and 4 vacuum lines back there that have to be connected and working.

My diaphragm quit so I may just permanently lock the front axle and let the transfer case engage everything.

On my 92 2.4L YJ the half-moon plug looks very similar maybe slightly different. That plug should go into a connector on the front right axle vacuum diaphragm next to the other connector you circled. It will turn on the light when the 4WD vacuum assembly has engaged the 4WD. The other connector circled has three vacuum lines, only two are used. one for engaging, one for disengaging, one is just an open vent.

Without digging into it further there's no telling what a previous owner may have done for a conversion so both circled items may or may not have any function. For the system to work as originally designed there's also a switch on the transfer case and 4 vacuum lines back there that have to be connected and working.

My diaphragm quit so I may just permanently lock the front axle and let the transfer case engage everything.
Thank you sir!

Reactions: Flyer58