Cylinder 4 misfire

Rick295

I bought a 93 with a 2.5 about a year ago. My #4 cylinder is misfiring irregularly but it's only this one. I've changed fuel filter, injectors, plugs, cap, rotor and wires. I have a code 27. Any idea what to check next?

Get a mechanic's stethoscope and probe the injectors. You can hear the click as they fire. I had one on my 4.0 that was missing maybe once in 8-10 shots. It wasn't enough to trip a code, but did make the rig run a little off. Replaced the electrical connector at the fuel injector (they are 27 years old, after all), and it solved the problem. I've heard that you can bend the tangs inside the connector to get a better connection as well, but I've never tried that.

Reactions: Chris
I bought a spray can of DeoxIT D5 electrical contact cleaner/lubricant which helps clean off all connection, potentiometers, and just about everything electronic wise. Pricey but good stuff and I've been using it for years on all connectors.

Did you try clearing the engine codes to see if it returns? (remove neg battery cable for 10 minutes or so)

Reactions: Chris