Computer crazy 95 yj 2.5l manual

Jeepone

Installed an aftermarket a/c and ran all summer. Idled at 800-900 RPM's when ac engaged. 1000-1100 disengaged. Suddenly the idle is now at 1600-1650 rpms, with ac engaged, and 1300-1350 rpm disengaged. No check engine light. Common problem or do I have a PITA on my hands. The computer below the brake booster has been rehabbed by PO as the case was opened and there has silicone added to the internals. Anyone have any thoughts?

Hard to say what the issue is. Only idea I have is to borrow a computer from another similar Jeep and see if the issue persists. Maybe someone from a local Jeep club would be up for it. I had mine rebuilt by a vendor in Illinois off eBay with great results. Also one of the sponsors of the forum makes new ones…can’t recall the name of the company though.

Thanks, I’ll look around for one.
I misstated problem, high idle is without a/c on 1600-1650 rpm’s and 1300-1350 rpm’s with a/c engaged.

I’m running a three core radiator with 192 thermostat. Warms up to 195 opens, drops to 175 and will run all day with a/c on. (dash and mechanical gauge coincide)
Engine sensors, meter checked, all good. I’ve found no vacuum leaks.
Engine compression 170-175 all 4 cylinders.
Gas mileage consistent on freeway 15 mpg or better @70mph and 3,000rpms.
What am I missing, a rabbits foot?