Carpet Colour (color) for my '88 YJ

NZ_YJ

Morena (morning) I hope you can help me.

I have just purchased a 1998 YJ Jeep - ex military. It has no carpeting or flooring as standard. I am looking on sites like Rock Auto to buy Essex or similar carpeting to reduce the road noise through the floor.
The colour of the jeep is Khaki Metallic - with the coffee coloured canopy.

The colour swatches online are suboptimal for me to chose from, and I am from New Zealand which is at the top or the bottom of the globe, depends on which way you hold the atlas. Needless to say we are very far away from the place that makes and distributes the flooring...

Has anyone on here carpeted their YJ in the same colour, and can offer pictures or suggestions on which way to go? For example what is the difference between:-
Almond
Cognac
Beige.

If you have put in an awesome carpet match with your Khaki Metallic jeep, can you suggest alternative colours that have worked really well? We are likely to put covers over the top of the original seats, to maintain their condition, so that colour does not matter matching wise.

Thanks in advance
Ma te wa
Sue in NZ

jeep2.jpg

jeep3.jpg

jeep4.jpg

Reactions: Fouledplugs
While I’m not sure which color carpet came stock in that body color/top combo, I would suggest black and get the ACC carpet if you can get it shipped at a reasonable price.

Everyone swears by the ACC carpet over on the TJ forum, which RockAuto sells.

Reactions: NZ_YJ