Brought the second YJ home today

Johken

Supporting Member
Hello all,
My name is John and I am new here.

This is a little bit about the YJ I just acquired.

Had a YJ about 10 years ago, here is the second one. A Customer brought this into my shop after losing both driveshafts and after taking a look it appears he went into 2 or 4-wheel high while going about 60mph down the freeway. The rear diff is shot, the front diff is shot transfer case is shot. (he decided to not repair it and was going to scrap it so I gave him 1000.00 for it and paid his diagnostic fee) The good news is Engine is in great shape and actually has about 2000 miles on it he gave me the recent build receipt from a shop in Vegas. so I am positive so far. He had a great start just a few things he did wrong. He has a hard top and a full cage but has half doors with soft uppers (that is a no-fit). he has a big light bar up top and the way it's wired the toggle switch is on all the time light off or on. has a cable going to the front diff to lock it in I assume and a slide trigger on the shifter to allow throttle control by hand (I assume for trails so you don't have to keep using the clutch). I picked up a set of diffs from a local salvage yard 377 gear. got a transfer case from eBay. The front drive shaft arrived from eBay and I am waiting for the rear one to show up. Should be a fun project. it only has 110 k on it so its not in bad shape at all. Has brand new tires on it also. I hope to go thru it a little at a time and bring it back to life.

Reactions: Chris and Weasellee