Both fuel pump and auto shutdown relays are clicking and there is no fuel pressure

Both the Fuel Pump and Auto Shutdown relays are clicking.
No fuel pressure on the Injection bar.
???
Are you using an actual fuel pressure guage at the rail?

Battery voltage good?

Have you pulled the relay and physically inspected it for issues like burned melted, or corroded terminals?

Have you tried swapping in a new relay?

Even though a relay clicks, doesnt mean it is still fully operational.

Hell, you could even jump it with a jumper wire and it should activate the pump, eliminating the relay. Having said that, the pump is your next part to troubleshoot. If power is getting to the connector at the fuel pump, diagnosing the pump woul

Can you hear the pump prime when you place the ignition in, “key on, engine off.”

I thought the system is supposed to stay pressurized when the key is on. The issue appears to be with the two relays, ie electrical.
The fuel pump appears to be working. We have fuel at the injection rail.

I thought the system is supposed to stay pressurized when the key is on. The issue appears to be with the two relays, ie electrical.
The fuel pump appears to be working. We have fuel at the injection rail.
You keep replying with very vague replies. And not answering my questions. I cant be of much help without you helping me some more.

Again, just because the relay clicks doesnt mean its 100% operational. The relay needs to be checked visually and tested with an ohm meter to verify that it is 100% operational.

And just because the fuel pump comes on and primes up to 40psi briefly and then loses it doesn't mean the fuel pump is 100% operational. We dont know what the factory fuel pressure should be. I believe there is something in the pump that’s job is to keep
pressure at the rail.

What year is your YJ and what engine is in it?

Reactions: Chris
The issue appears to be with the two relays
Ok, did you try any of my earlier suggestions?

Inspecting it visually for burned, corroded, or damaged terminals? Or checking the resistance across it.

I also suggested you could just replace it with a new one to see if that gives you a different result with the fuel pressure.

Reactions: Chris
I'm new to the Jeep community but with most cars the fuel pump will stop after 10 seconds or so if the engine is not running. It's a safety feature to help prevent a fire.

Will your engine start and is the engine running when the pump quits and pressure drops? Too little information here to help.