Bitten by the JEEP bug!!

Mainejeep

My first jeep 1993 YJ 2.5 5 speed, it has a super winch lift etc. LOL i have already bought another jeep 1994 YJ with the 4.0 high output engine also 5 speed. The newer jeep will be a ground up rebuild. What is everyone's thoughts on stroker engine?

2021-07-24 17.40.45.jpg

2021-03-21 18.37.42.jpg

Arrrgggg....Wish i could swing another one myself. Nice rig. HO 4.0's ha...what would I know, mines a LO 2.5. ;) Like the fender flares you have. My new wheels stick out to far for the factory flares and I get covered in everything on the ground if its muddy,wet or snowy.

Reactions: SirDoopYJ
The sound of a stroker motor is beautiful. I hope to add it to my stress relief playlist. From what I read it seems to be the best value for your buck to get more power vs doing a v8. I did read a couple of things about a stroker not making it to 200,000 miles though, not sure if that is a fact. You will be spending alot more money in gas, because who is not going to have a heavy foot in a stroker?

If I had to rebuild mine, I would stick with the 4.0, that is enough power for me for my plans for it.

The sound of a stroker motor is beautiful. I hope to add it to my stress relief playlist. From what I read it seems to be the best value for your buck to get more power vs doing a v8. I did read a couple of things about a stroker not making it to 200,000 miles though, not sure if that is a fact. You will be spending alot more money in gas, because who is not going to have a heavy foot in a stroker?

If I had to rebuild mine, I would stick with the 4.0, that is enough power for me for my plans for it.
been doing some research and most guys who have strokers claim better fuel economy!

Arrrgggg....Wish i could swing another one myself. Nice rig. HO 4.0's ha...what would I know, mines a LO 2.5. ;) Like the fender flares you have. My new wheels stick out to far for the factory flares and I get covered in everything on the ground if its muddy,wet or snowy.
Arrrgggg....Wish i could swing another one myself. Nice rig. HO 4.0's ha...what would I know, mines a LO 2.5. ;) Like the fenr flares you have. My new wheels stick out to far for the factory flares and I get covered in everything on the ground if its muddy,wet or snowy.
this jeep the black one is a 2.5 it turns those 34's ok and runs like a top!!