Any thoughts on the Currie Antirock Sway bar on a YJ?

skyzero

My YJ has never had a sway bar and there are times when I wish it did, especially on the freeway. In planning to re-install the stock sway bar/disconnects I looked underneath and found that the bolts where the sway bar would connect on the steering bracket were broken clean off. So I'm at a crossroads now. I can either purchase a stock sway bar set-up, disconnects, and steering bracket or I can get the Currie Antirock set-up. I have aftermarket inner fenders so the sway bar arm should clear. The only thing I would have to do really is weld the tabs on the axle.

Tried searching online for people's thoughts, but it seems a lot of people that do have it are on TJ's and newer models. For what it's worth, people seem to love it. I think it's stated somewhere that it's not as stiff as stock, but it's probably better than not running a sway bar at all, especially on the freeway. Anyone have any experience with it on a YJ? For those that run them, how hard is it to adjust?

I so far have found very few people with them on YJs. i always wanted to install one myself, but ultimately decided on disconnects with the stock bar instead. Considering your bolts are sheared off, I'm sure the Currie is probably a fine way to go instead. It may not be quite as stiff as stock but with leaf springs its likely not as big of a deal and should certainly be better than running without at all. I find that running without one is pretty uncomfortable to drive unless you have super stiff springs and shocks that allow almost no swaying movement at all. My history is I kept sway bar when I was stock, with RC 2.5", ditched it with BDS 3.5" (thought it was a bit scarier but got used to it), and now with OME 2.5" and a 1.25" BL, I find it terrifyingly unsturdy. Slight steering corrections feel like I'm going to topple over lol, so I'm going to reattach the stock bar and the links I bought ASAP. Only reason i can't yet is due to the WJ steering I'm currently running. The tie rod interferes so I have the sway bar tied up and disconnected currently.

So, I can't really give you any definitive info but my personal opinion is that I don't think you'd be disappointed. You could always Currie and ask for more details on it too to see if maybe they can provide some insight and comparisons vs without and vs stock. Good luck, if you do decide to do it for sure post up the results.

Reactions: skyzero
Yeah, I agree it's going to at least be better than not having a sway bar at all. I've decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on the anti-rock and install it hopefully soon. I'll post up the results in this thread as soon as I get it going and get some miles on them.

Reactions: machoheadgames
If it's anything like the TJ, it's one of the best mods you can do. However, I'm not sure how something like this interacts with a leaf spring setup. I'll bet @Fouledplugs will have some insight.