Any suggestions on repainting the roof rack?

skiznits

Rack is getting sandblasted. And haven't decided if I paint myself or powder coat.
I know I should prob stick to black but curious if anyone has seen anything out there in a different color that would look good w the navy.

Thx!

PXL_20220707_190251615.MP~2.jpg

PXL_20220707_190229022~2.jpg

Silver, metallic gray, or gun metal might look cool.
Body color might also look good.
White or other colors.... maybe, with some complementing accents, but that could easily go [very] sideways.
I vote for semi-flat black.

Silver, metallic gray, or gun metal might look cool.
Body color might also look good.
White or other colors.... maybe, with some complementing accents, but that could easily go [very] sideways.
I vote for semi-flat black.
Yeah agreed re: the black. Simple is usually better for most things.

The clear coat on the body has seen better days and who knows if I will repaint that as well some day which is another variable. The navy blue color wipes off when I wash it😕.

Reactions: Stoopid Jeep
Once ever 6to 12 months or so. Rain counts as a wash! It doesn't look any different after I wash it. It's permanent matte finish.

I removed the funky blue window tint today on it. That was a pain.

Last edited:
Yellow or red would provide a good contrast
Yeah those were on my radar as well.

I was also thinking perhaps a subtle orange color but I would have to commit on that especially if I get it powder coated that color.

Was thinking if I hand paint it I could do one side and at least see what it looks like in profile. Then scrap it if needed.

Rack will have a sweet paint job...the rest like 💩. There are a bunch of rusty spots I need to hit.