Arizona Any Jeep Experts (Armchair or Otherwise) in Phoenix?

sammyj5290

Anyone here based in Phoenix (or somewhere near by) with a good eye for Jeeps? Just looking for someone to chat through some issues I've been having and sometimes being in person is easiest... I'll buy lunch!

I'm nowhere close to phoenix, and unfortunately my YJ buddy who was in Mesa moved. @jeepjoe43 is up the road from you I believe, and certainly knowledgeable.

What's going on with it? There are plenty of folks to offer help virtually the best they can even if it's not quite as convenient. Good pictures/videos of issues and solid explanations of the problems you're experiencing goes a really long way to helping over the internet.

Late to reply here, but I've been dealing with a few issues that seem to be figured out for the most part. I'm not a car guy (learning myself some) but here it goes...

I had someone put in an all new carb and distributor. The emissions tests came back way, way better, but the pressure is still failing. I had someone replace some of the tubes, but took the Jeep back this morning and its still failing.

Also, when the guy put in the new carb, he put in a new air intake filter. The tube it attached to melted straight off and he said it was because of the exhaust, and that I could take it to an exhaust shop... he said something about getting more horsepower and better fuel efficiency when I did that...

I'm in over my head here so any help is greatly appreciated. !!!