Air conditioner

Johnayjwrangler

Anyone know what this cable is and how I can find it
My heater works but I can’t get air conditioning and compressor works fine
Mechanis is telling me we need this cable but it looks fine to me so maybe it just needs to be reattached

file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/ec/12/4C50E1DF-2CEC-4C27-8579-3976B1E7B6F8/68859620889__EE1AC11C-0523-4CE5-BE85-87BA37DBDA6F.heic

DFE3127E-FD57-492E-BD5B-2E5463ED5C50.jpeg

What year/model Jeep? On my 1990 YJ, the cable you picture has nothing to do with A/C. It controls doors/defrost in the heating system. But. whatever. The picture doesn't show enough detail to confirm this, but closely examine the WHITE clip near the end of the cable, photo left side. This is a structural cable clip that is often broken during removal. If the snap-in "tangs" are damaged or broken, then a new cable is recommended. If this clip isn't secure, the cable will flex instead of controlling the air system.

Some folks have devised a repair using narrow tie-wraps to secure this type clip, but this is not practical in some locations..

On my Jeep, if I need to get to this cable for replacement, I must remove the under-dash air conditioning system.

It's not an AC cable, it's a heater cable. The YJ has a separate air conditioning vs heater system. I don't recall what function that specific color cable serves but the 3 functions are floor/defrost, hot/cold, and opening fresh air.