90 build restoration

dondons1984

Got a 90 yj previous owner molested it pretty bad. Wiring is all cut up. This guy did a hack job in which so far I have had to rebuild the transfer case, rear differential and carbs cause he didn’t do them correctly at all. I’m looking to build into the perfect recovery rig. Clean up under the hood, insulate for cold weather mountain recovery, and reinforce the body while at the same time giving it a good solid ride that I’m not ashamed of. Only issues I am running into is time given I do late shifts and like my sleep. Yeah it looks good in the pic but I am telling you this one has been beaten on pretty bad. No rust spots that are bad most superficial and best part is my brother in law is a mechanic and metal fab guy with Jeep knowledge. Looking forward to posting updates on the build and what is to come.

021FFFE8-F100-4B57-82B7-14D8CCC4115B.jpeg

67A710DE-12E0-433A-9826-F6900C2355F6.jpeg

Reactions: Chris
At least it looks good (from what I can see at least).

Don't you hate previous owner bullshit? I can't even tell you how many times I've had to un-fuck things that the previous owners did for unknown (and stupid) reasons.

Reactions: jeepjoe43
At least it looks good (from what I can see at least).

Don't you hate previous owner bullshit? I can't even tell you how many times I've had to un-fuck things that the previous owners did for unknown (and stupid) reasons.
Yeah he really messed it up. Interior is the only thing that it has going for it. No liner or anything bare metal. Finally got it not leaking and then I confront him on it and he said to bad you didn’t find it huh? I said it’s all good your the one that is unreliable and a liar. Just hate dishonest people

Yeah, I can relate to that!
Mine was clean, bone stock, no rust, ran great and unmolested.
But they didn't tell me it had been parked for 10 years.
Been chasing storage mortality issues ever since.
We've gotten to be way more intimate than I ever intended...At least it was a clean slate.

Got a 90 yj previous owner molested it pretty bad. Wiring is all cut up. This guy did a hack job in which so far I have had to rebuild the transfer case, rear differential and carbs cause he didn’t do them correctly at all. I’m looking to build into the perfect recovery rig. Clean up under the hood, insulate for cold weather mountain recovery, and reinforce the body while at the same time giving it a good solid ride that I’m not ashamed of. Only issues I am running into is time given I do late shifts and like my sleep. Yeah it looks good in the pic but I am telling you this one has been beaten on pretty bad. No rust spots that are bad most superficial and best part is my brother in law is a mechanic and metal fab guy with Jeep knowledge. Looking forward to posting updates on the build and what is to come.

View attachment 116277

View attachment 116278
Afternoon Don...just came across this thread...looks like you have the 4.2 under the hood...is that a serpentine belt set-up?

Copy that Brother...didn't know if that was a mid-year change or not, I don't think the I6 got the serpentine set up until the 4.0L came along...thanks for the clarification...