5.2L Dodge Magnum Swap

rrrjr

So about 6 years ago my parents bought me my first car which was a 1994 Yj with the 2.5L and ax5, it was completely stock except for some cheap tube bumpers and old man steps lol. Heres a picture of it in stock form.

B5142513-AAAB-49EF-8E3B-55630FEF5DBF.jpeg

After about of year of ownership I let my stepdad convince me that the only thing it needed was a 2 & 1/2” lift and 31s so I did exactly that

0CB0B0F9-5AB7-4849-BCDE-395283085797.jpeg

Then obviously the next move was wheels so I got some sweet 15x8 mammoth fake bead lock style wheels with polished lip to go on it. I also added so ebay bumpers, payed 550$ for the front and back + a spare tire swing. Also during this time i added bushwackwacker fenders. (All was in a few months time span)

5D5605C1-B6FE-482E-816E-19568BDC5B64.jpeg

Then at the beginning of 2017 i started hearing some horrible noise coming from the rearend and so i popped the cover and discovered that my d35 was about ready to explode. The pinion gear had fallen into the housing and started eating the gear carrier

967CD88B-C152-44B9-BC3A-DCAAAA8C4DDE.jpeg

So at this point i was still young and was going solely off the advise of my step dad as I hadnt figured out how to look shit up myself yet and decided to opt to rebuild the worthless d35.

Halfway through 2017 after seeing and talking to other jeep owners the 2.5” left still felt stock and i needed the jeep to be bigger so i went with a 1” body lift and a 4” zone suspension lift with stt pros

BDDE023F-B379-4C25-A4CA-853961EDA4DC.jpeg

This is when the jeep really started to take the shape its in now.

After putting on the “big” 33s lol I noticed it felt like i was driving with the damn emergency brake on but i checked it and I wasnt 🤣. Turns out the 2.5L under stock conditions pretty much maxes out at 33s and to get it down the highway i was having to hold crazy rpms in 3rd gear to just keep it going. So then the question comes up, do I try and make more power with the 4 angry squirrels and try not to kill it or do I trash it all together?

Ill post more of the story later when I have time 😅
Reply to the thread if you have any questions or enjoying the story so far.

Also if you have social media follow me on instagram rrrjr if u wanna keep up with the jeep build and also I have an rx7 that im trying to keep running lol 🤣

• Wow
Reactions: Chris
Good lookin ride! And a whole lotta bling, and is there a story on the War Wagon decal? I just know what ever I put on the side of my hood after my build is gonna kill. Either in a good way or a very very bad way

Of course, we're enjoying the story. Especially since it comes with pictures. All the best stories come with pictures. Please, continue. I want to see where the title of this thread comes into play! ;)
Good looking rig, btw!

Reactions: Chris